Career Opportunities with a Major in Hospitality, Events, and Tourism
Our location in Downtown Denver provides many excellent employment and career opportunities close to the college for Hospitality students who would like to begin working or to advance in the field while earning a degree. Major hotels, beverage producers, restaurants, event companies, travel agencies, and airline offices, the Denver Metro Convention and Visitors Bureau, Currigan Exhibition Hall, and the Colorado Convention Center are within walking distance of the campus.
Skills Related to Hospitality, Events, and Tourism
- Leadership and management of teams
- Ability to simultaneously handle short-term crises while planning long-term strategies
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of effective management
- Customer service orientation
- Sound decision-making abilities
- Knowledge of the legal environment of the hospitality and tourism industry
- Proficiency in oral and written communications
- Ability to coordinate and supervise activities
Potential Careers Related to Hospitality, Events, and Tourism
The following list is a sample of job titles for individuals with a Hospitality, Events, and Tourism degree. The list represents some, but certainly not all, of the careers which Hospitality majors may consider.
Some of these jobs may also require education beyond a bachelor's degree.
Employers in Hospitality, Events, and Tourism
Contract Foodservice Management Firms
Convention and Tourist Centers
Food, Beverage, and Chemical Manufacturers
Hospitality Consulting Firms
Military Club Systems
Wholesale Food and Beverage Distributors
Professional Organizations in This Field
Websites Related to Hospitality, Events, and Tourism
The above information is collected from alumni surveys of numerous colleges, professional associations, and multiple print and online resources.