At Campus Recreation, our purpose is to foster individual and community well-being through the power of engagement, leadership, partnership and recreation.
We envision a community where healthy living and lifelong learning intersect to support personal, professional and institutional success.
Campus Recreation provides high quality and innovative co-curricular experiences through comprehensive recreation, fitness and leisure services that foster personal, academic and professional success for the students, faculty and staff of Metropolitan State University of Denver and the Auraria community.
Campus Recreation Diversity Statement
The staff of Campus Recreation encourages a safe, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere by designing and offering challenging programs for all skill levels. We endeavor to maintain a program that includes and welcomes all individuals regardless of race, creed, ethnicity, region of origin, religion, spirituality, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, learning style, socioeconomic status or veteran status.
We recognize that all participants bring a level of experience, skill and ability. We will not make assumptions about others’ ability, interest or experience in recreation.
Campus Recreation supports the diversity missions of the institutions we serve:
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Resources for personal growth and entertainment
Below you'll find resources to keep your mind and body stimulated. If you have any free resources you think should be added, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back often as this list will be updated regularly!
- Museum of Contemporary Art Denver – Weekly Art Challenge #LetsMCA
The below links are via LinkedIn Learning. Anyone with an MSU Denver crediential has FREE access to these online courses. NOTE: you'll need to have a LinkedIn account as well, and be sure to associate your MSU Denver email address with it.
Simply click here to sign in and access the below courses and many more:
Entertaining Young Children (or kids at heart)
Mobile App (visit your App/Play Store to download)
- Words with Friends
- House Party
- Beginner to intermediate level programming courses such as; python, HTML, CSS, Java, SQL, etc.
- Sign-up with Facebook, Google, or email.
- Mostly free courses, and some paid courses.
- Very interactive and engaging Graphical User Interface. Built in IDE to run code.
- No sign up needed
- Built in IDE that allows you run your code.
- Auto Cad
- Industry-standard (however not as user friendly).
- Also 3D modeling-friendly and able to print the models.
- 3-year free trial, but will have to pay after three years.
- Fusion 360
- Learning to model projects in 2D and 3D formats.
- These programs also are 3D printing friendly
- 3-year free trial, after that students, can renew.
Anyone with an MSU Denver crediential has FREE access to LinkedIn Learning online courses. NOTE: you'll need to have a LinkedIn account as well, and be sure to associate your MSU Denver email address with it.
Simply click here to sign in and get started!
Here are some recommended videos for professional development:
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Excel: Introduction to Formulas and Functions
- PowerPoint Tips and Tricks
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Communicating about Culturally Sensitive Issues
- Typography: Choosing and Combining Typefaces
- Creating Fun and Engaging Video Training: The How
- Making DIY Business Videos Start to Finish
For a list of recommended videos on personal (fun) development, see the Crafts/Hobbies list!