One-On-One Personal Training
One-on-one training incorporates your goals, fitness assessments and any areas that are identified as a weakness in your program. Each participant who purchases a package will receive a free Polar TriFit fitness assessment. You will also receive an exercise program plan that details what you need to do on your own outside of your personal training session. Each workout is 60 minutes long and individualized to meet your goals.
Small Group Training
This is an opportunity to work out with a friend or group of friends and a trainer. Small group training offers the chance to save some money and to be held to a higher level of accountability. Small group training incorporates your goals, fitness assessments and any areas that are identified as a weakness into your routine. You will receive an exercise program plan that details what you need to do on your own outside of your personal training sessions. Each workout is 60 minutes long and individualized to meet your goals. Each training participant who purchases a package will receive a free Polar TriFit fitness assessment. Participants are encouraged to have a training partner or partners that have similar goals and fitness levels. All small group training sessions must be completed with a partner present.
Read Personal Trainer bios here.
Purchase Personal Training Sessions here.
The Campus Recreation personal training program offers personal training every fall and spring semester at a discounted price by working with students who are in EXS 4780, Community Fitness Testing. The trainers in Community Fitness Testing are students in training who are majoring in the field of Adult Fitness. The students get academic credit for training one client once/week in the personal training program. The cost for participating in the program as a client for the fall and spring semesters is $75. The length of the program will be approximately 9 weeks long starting in early October and ending in early December for fall semesters. For spring semesters, the program runs from late February or early March to early May. Participants will receive a free initial fitness assessment and a post re-assessment at the end of the semester. It is extremely important that those who choose to participate attend all training sessions with their student trainers.
Sign Up and Contact Information
Stop by room 108 in the PE building to complete a personal training contact information sheet. You will then be matched with a pair of trainers that meet your availability and what you are looking for in a trainer. You will be contacted to set up an initial consultation when the personal training program has an opening that will work for your schedule. The 30-minute consultation will cover your medical history, goals, and interests and will be an opportunity for the client to ask questions regarding the personal training program and trainers. The client will be expected to purchase the $75 training sessions at the time of the initial consultation. You may also be required to get medical clearance prior to starting with the trainer.
What to Expect After Registering
- Session Duration - Each training session is 60 minutes long.
- Late Policy - Trainers are obligated to wait up to 15 minutes for a client to arrive past their scheduled start time. After 15 minutes, the trainer is allowed to leave and the client will be charged for the session. Sessions that start late will end one-hour from the scheduled start time.
- Cancellation Notice - 24 hour notice is required for any sessions that the client cannot attend. Failure to give appropriate notice will result in a lost session.
- Refund Policy - After a $15 processing fee is applied; the personal training client will be refunded on a prorated amount for the remaining sessions.
- Package Renewal - Sessions must be paid in full prior to starting in the personal training program. Additional sessions must be purchased at the time of completion of a personal training package. Sessions cannot be rendered without payment.
- Expiration Date - All personal training packages have an expiration date. You will be informed during your initial consultation of the date of expiration of your package.
- Medical Clearance - At any time during your training at Campus Recreation, if you have changes to your health, you may be required to get medical clearance before continuing in the program.
All new personal training clients get a free initial fitness assessment. Clients who want a re-assessment after beginning the program must use one of the paid training sessions. Clients are assessed in the following areas:
- Resting heart rate and blood pressure
- Height and weight
- Girth measurements and body fat %
- Estimated vo2 max using a 3 minute step test
- Bicep curl strength
- Flexibility through a sit and reach test
- Muscular endurance
Fitness Assessment Guidelines
In order for the fitness assessment to be accurate we ask participants to follow the criteria listed below:
- Participants should refrain from ingesting food, alcohol, caffeine or tobacco products within 3 hours of testing.
- Participants should be rested for the assessment, avoiding significant exertion or exercise on the day of the assessment.
- Athletic attire should be worn for the assessment, including shoes and shorts. Shorts will allow for easy access to the mid thigh for the body fat testing.
- Drink plenty of fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the test to ensure normal
hydration levels on the day of testing.
- Participants should stay on their regular medication schedule so that the responses will be consistent with what will be expected during the training sessions.
Source: ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, 8th Edition.
Train for a 5K or 10K race with running workouts led in a group format. Program Fee includes a t-shirt & registration to the Monster Dash 5k or 10k run on Saturday, October 26, 2019.
Sep 3–Oct. 24 2019
Mondays & Wednesdays from noon-1 p.m.
No training during spring break (March 25 & 27)
$55 for 5K, $65 for 10K
Register here under Fitness --> Pacesetter.
Location: PE Building Room 001
NOTE: This course does not include the ACE certification course materials ($129) or exam fee ($249). Those can be purchased directly from ACE after registering for the course through Campus Recreation. Campus Recreation will provide detailed information on how to obtain the discounted rate for the materials and exam registration for all registered participants.
Personal Training Contact
For more information, please contact:
Louie Morphew, Associate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Training Late Policy
Trainers are obligated to wait up to 15 minutes for a client to arrive past their scheduled start time. After 15 minutes, the trainer is allowed to leave and the client will be charged for the session. Sessions that start late will end one-hour from the scheduled start time.