Start a New Club Sport!
Club Sports are student-initiated and forming a new club is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate leadership, meet new friends and develop your athletic skills alongside students with similar interests. Follow the steps below to get started!
- Find other interested students.
- A minimum of four (4) MSU Denver students are needed to start a Club Sport and form the executive board.
- A team-based club sport must have at least the minimum number of members needed to field a team (Club Tennis vs. Club Baseball, for example)
- Schedule a meeting with Campus Recreation’s Assistant Director of Recreation and Leadership to obtain necessary paperwork and to discuss the future of the club sport.
- Draft a constitution that will be ratified by all members at the club’s first official meeting.
- Develop a budget that forecasts the first year of the club sport.
- Find an Advisor who must be a current MSU Denver Faculty or full-time Staff Member.
- Schedule a meeting with Campus Recreation’s Assistant Director of Recreation and Leadership to verify all completed paperwork and to seek formal club approval from Campus Recreation.
David Lamothe | Assistant Director of Recreation and Leadership
Metropolitan State University of Denver
1255 10th Street, Denver, CO 80204