*These documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have the reader, click here to download it.
The following newspaper articles highlight issues involving the WAC, the WWII 10th Mtn. Division and Camp Hale. The problems created with the abandonment of Camp Hale have continued to the present day as the state and federal governments attempt to clean up the munitions problem at the post. This difficulty has been underscored by the White River National Forest Service which administers the Historic Site.
Women's Army Corps
10th Mountain Division
- Famed Mountain Troops Ski Out of The Past -February 20, 1995
- Ski Troops Maneuver With Their Memories - March 2, 2000
- Mountain Division deployed - October 3, 2001
Abandonment of Camp Hale
- Abandonment Of Camp Hale -January 18
- Camp Hale Littered with Old Munitions - July 2, 2001
- WW II Ordnance Destroyed - June 29, 2001
- Camp Hale Ordnance Cleanup May Take Years -February 24, 2002
- State Pressures Feds to Clean Camp Hale - September 30, 2002