Classroom to Career Hub
We know this can be a challenging time with the transition to online classes and services. As your advisors, we are here to support you. Here are a few updates on connecting with us for Exploratory Advising:
- Due to social distancing recommendations from the MSU Denver Health Center, the Exploratory Advising team is providing options for remote advising appointments. Through the MSU Denver website or Navigate app, you can schedule an appointment with us and it will provide an option to select a phone appointment or a video conference to speak with an advisor. Please provide your preferred phone number.
- If you choose the video conferencing method you will be provided an appointment update with a link to a Zoom web meeting. At the time of your scheduled meeting, please follow the link and the advisor will connect with you. If there is trouble connecting, we will reach out at the phone number provided to make sure there is a connection.
- Until March 30th, you can still request an in-person appointment by calling the Exploratory Advising front desk at 303-615-2025. After that all appointments will only be conducted by remote advising through phone or video conference until further notice.
- For additional information on MSU Denver’s response to COVID-19 please refer to the University for resources and updates
We will continue to stay in communication with you about changes. If you have any questions call us at 303-615-2025 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does it mean to be an Exploratory or Undecided Student?
Unsure of which major best fits you? Take a deep breath…and relax. It is perfectly normal to not know what you want to study in college. You may not have all the information you need to choose a major, or maybe you just need more time to learn about your strengths, and interests and values. An Exploratory Undecided student are those who have not yet decided on a college major.
Whatever the reason know that your C2 Exploratory Advisor will be with you every step of the way in your decision making process.
C2 Exploratory Advisors
Exploratory students receive their academic advising from our Exploratory Advisors. You and your advisor will work side by side, by meeting early and often, to ensure you receive the opportunity to learn about your interests, values and the various academic programs at MSU Denver. Your Exploratory Advisors will develop a roadmap with you that outlines your college major exploration.
What are my next steps?
- Make your appointment today with your C2 Exploratory Advisors at (303) 615.2025
- Learn about Career Opportunities by Major
- Stop in to see MSU Denver’s Career Services team to support you in your major exploration
Self-Assessments: Exploring a College Major Activities
- What are Your Reasons for Being Undecided
- What Do you Value
- Learn About Yourself: MyColoradojourney.com. Create a free account today. My Colorado Journey is a ground-breaking statewide platform designed to personalize your career pathway and connect you to work, education and support services.
Time Management Tips
- 1 semester = 15 weeks
- 3 credits (usually one class) = sitting in the class about 3 hours per week
- 15 credits (five classes) = sitting in the classroom about 15 hours per week
- Study time: Double the time you’re in the classroom. For example, if you’re taking 15 credits, expect about 30 hours of study time per week, totally to about 45 hours per week dedicated to school.
Key to Success: manage your time…and stick to it!
The Roadrunner Mindset
- I belong here!
- I will graduate faster and for less money by taking 30 credits each year!
- It won’t always be easy, but I can do it!