Classroom to Career Hub
MSU Denver Career Link (for Students)
What is Career Link?
Career Link is an online system hosted by MSU Denver Classroom to Career (C2) Hub where students can manage their career planning and search for employment opportunities. You can:
- Apply for jobs and internships.
- Upload and manage your resume and other career documents in your profile.
- Sign up for workshops, career fairs and other campus recruiting events.
- Research employers and set up automatic position notifications.
- Find career resources and resume building tools.
- Apply for internship credit.
How Do I Access Career Link?
- From your phone or computer, go to msudenver.edu/studenthub.
- Scroll all the way down to CAREERS/JOBS, and click CAREER LINK.
- Log in with your MSU Denver NetID and password.
• Go to msudenver-csm.symplicity.com.
• Select ‘Students/Alumni’ and follow prompts.
• Enter your personal email and password, or set up a new account.
For help, contact Alumni Relations at (303) 615-0055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Setting Up Your Profile
- Select ‘My Account’ to update your career “status”, and settings for ‘Emails & Notifications’. This will help us manage the communications you receive from our office.
- If this is the first time you have logged into Career Link, you will need to add a personal email address.
- You can sign up for text message alerts and reminders.
Searching for Positions
- Select ‘Jobs & Internships’ from the left menu. You can ‘Search All Positions’, or narrow down your options with ‘Search Career Jobs’ or ‘Search Internships’. You can also just type in ‘Keywords’.
- More filters to refine your search are available under the search bar. (Search by major to find internships likely to be approved for credit).
- Select the position you are interested in to see more detailed information about the position, as well as the qualifications and how to apply.
- You can also ‘+ Follow’ the organization if you want to be updated on an employer’s recruiting activity (Career Fairs, Position Postings, On-Campus Interviews, etc).
Adding Documents (Resumes, Cover Letters, etc)
- Select ‘Documents’ from the left menu, and click ‘My Documents’. Here, you will have the option to upload a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, writing sample, or other documents.
- Be sure to ‘Label’ your new document with an appropriate name (i.e. Communication Intern Resume, or Health Care Analyst Cover Letter – Denver Health); this is the title for your document.
- Choose your file and upload the document. Click ‘Submit’ and verify that your documents have been uploaded correctly.
We recommend that you upload your documents as PDFs.
Sign Up for Events
- Select ‘Events’ from the left menu. Click on the type of event you are interested in: Career Fairs & Networking, Information Sessions, or Workshops & Events.
- Click on the name to see more detailed information about the event.
- Select ‘RSVP’ or the ‘Attend’ button to sign up. You should receive an instant email confirming that you have signed up. Additional event information may be sent at a later date.
- Add the event to your personal calendar.
Report Your Hire!
- Tell us about your new position by submitting a ‘Career Outcome’, under your ‘My Account’ menu option.
- Fill in the required fields and click ‘Submit’.