Classroom to Career Hub
Getting Academic Credit for Your Internship
To be approved for academic credit, you must first go into Career Link and submit the online Application for Academic Credit.
Please note, not all departments will approve credit for your internship. Before you begin your application, you should review your department's credit policy sheet for details regarding requirements. You can find these sheets in Career Link, under 'Resources > Resource Library'.
The Application for Academic Credit is used for students seeking credit for their internship. This process is designed to ensure that the student, employer and academic department are all on the same page regarding the internship: duties, learning objectives, hours, pay, academic assignments, etc.
Starting the Application for Academic Credit Process
- In Career Link, select 'Intership Credit' in the left menu.
- If this is the first time you have applied for credit, you will be taken to a page of application instructions where you will complete some acknowledgments.
- After submitting the instructions page, you can begin your Application for Credit by clicking ‘Add New’.
- You will be asked for information about the internship including:
• Your Supervisor’s Contact Information
• Date of the Internship
• Compensation (if applicable)
• Credit Information
• Internship Duties
• Learning Objectives
Please be sure that you have specific learning objectives related to your academic program. You can always save as a draft and come back to finish if you do not have all the information. See the Department's Credit Policy Sheet for details.
- Once you have completed all the required fields, you will need to sign off and click the 'Submit' button.
- After you submit, the form will go to the C2 Hub, the employer, and then the academic department for their approval. Please keep an eye on your MSU Denver email, as the C2 Hub or your faculty member may have questions about your application.
- After everyone has approved the application, you will be notified about how to register for the credit. You can view the completed document in Career Link at any time throughout the semester.
Need more help?
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on how to complete your application for credit. (approx. 20 mins)