Community engagement in Digital Measures - FAQs
How can I add my service learning classes to Digital Measures?
In the Teaching section, click on Scheduled Teaching. (See screenshots below.)
- Open your course.
- Scroll down to Annotations and Supporting Documentation section (about the middle of the page).
- The help window has a definition of community engagement.
- Slightly farther down the page, there is a section to add information about community partners for service learning and number of students involved with the partner.
The help window has a definition of community engagement. (See below for an enlargement of the text.)
Enlargement of community engagement definition in? Help window
- Community engagement is defined to be a collaboration between MSU Denver and the community for a mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context or partnership and reciprocity. (This is the Carnegie Foundation definition)
- Community engagement will be measured using three measurements:
- Service learning partnerships
- Community service partnerships
- Community based research partnerships
- Service learning partnerships include all partnerships from service learning designated classes.
- Community service partnerships are contributions to community organizations undertaken by faculty as part of their service expectations.
- Community based research is research in partnership with a community organization, which is mutually beneficial for all partners. This will be measured by the number of partnership
- Faculty have not always been aware that we are interested in these aspects of scholarship. Retroactive additions will help us to round out the MSU Denver story.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to add community partners for service learning.
How can I add community-based research to Digital Measures?
There is currently no option for listing community-based research (unless it is sponsored or funded research or included under service learning).
How can I add community engagement as service to Digital Measures?
Digital Measures offers "standard" choices for community service. You will have to select "committee member" or "other," or whatever seems to best describe the collaboration.
Can I add community-based research or advocacy to the Service section in Digital Measures?
There are no options for community based research or advocacy. You will have to select “committee member” or “other,” or whatever seems to best describe the collaboration.
Can I go back to previous years to add community engagement relevant to my teaching and research?
Yes. Faculty have not always been aware that we are interested in these aspects of scholarship. Retroactive additions will help us to round out the MSU Denver story.