Department of Biology
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The MSU Denver Department of Biology is committed to promoting a culture of equity and inclusion for our students, staff, and faculty. We seek to cultivate a welcoming environment where all individuals in the Department of Biology, irrespective of race, gender identity, age, ethnicity, ability, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or political affiliation feel respected, have a sense of belonging, and are provided the resources and skillsets to be successful not only in their biology education, but also as lifelong learners and as valued contributors to the discipline, the community, and society as a whole.
To build an inclusive and equitable department, we will:
- Work toward developing a more inclusive and culturally relevant learning environment that supports the success of our students.
- Work with various levels of administration at MSU Denver and with other departments to better support diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with our students, staff, and faculty to identify necessary resources that promote success and better develop an inclusive community within the Department of Biology.
- Develop partnerships in the community that provide diverse opportunities for our students and ensure that diversity and inclusion with these partners is supported.
- Engage in outreach that will strengthen diversity within the Department of Biology and within the discipline.