Aviation and Aerospace Science Department
?MSU Denver Flight Team is a member of the National Intercollegiate Flying Association (NIFA) that has its roots in the 1930s. It has grown since then to be a great national competition for over seventy colleges.
Our organization joined NIFA in 1970 and has competed consistently every year. In 1980 the flight team branched off from Alpha Eta Rho, a local aviation fraternity, and became a college class as well as a student organization.
Below are some historical highlights and past achievements:
- October 2017: MSU Denver PFT places 3rd overall and 2nd in the flying events in Regionals at United States Air Force Academy and qualifies for Nationals
- October 2016: MSU Denver PFT paces 5th place in Regionals at Utah State University
- May 2016: MSU Denver PFT places 19th place in Nationals at Ohio State University
- October 2015: MSU Denver PFT places 2nd in Regionals and qualifies for Nationals
- May 2015: MSU Denver PFT places 22nd in Nationals at Ohio State University
- October 2014: MSU Denver PFT places 2nd in Regionals and qualifies for Nationals
- May 2012: MSU Denver PFT places 14th in Nationals at Kansas State University
- October 2011: MSU Denver PFT places 2nd at Rangeley Airport and qualifies for Nationals
- May 2011: MSU Denver PFT brings home the Loening Trophy from Nationals at Ohio State. The Loening trophy was first awarded in 1929 and is given to the best all-around collegiate aviation and aerospace department in the nation