Special arrangements are available for students interested in a career in Army Nursing. In addition, the Army awards numerous scholarships each year to students pursuing graduate degrees in medicine, dentistry and optometry. ROTC enrollment is reviewed in the scholarship selection progress. For information about scholarships, please contact our Enrollment and Scholarship Officer at (303) 492-3549.
Nursing Scholarships: this scholarship is available to eligible Nursing students at Regis University or the University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center. Scholarships can be for 4-Years, 3-Years, or 2-Years. The 3-Year and 2-Year scholarships may also require attendance at the Leader’s Training Course at Fort Knox, KY, if any of the freshman or sophomore Army ROTC classes were not taken.
The scholarship pays:
- Full tuition plus mandatory fees
- A $900 per year book allowance
- A tax-free stipend based on academic status during the academic year ($300 per month for Freshmen, $350 per month for Sophomores, $450 per month for Juniors, and $500 per month for Seniors).
- Cost of an NCLEX review course
- Cost of the NCLEX
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be 17 by October of the semester you are entering college and must not reach 31 years of age before December 31st of the year you graduate from college and receive your commission
- Have a minimum high school or college GPA of 2.5
- Be a high school graduate or possess an equivalent certificate by September of the year you will enter college (4-Year Scholarship)
- Score a minimum of 1050 on the SAT or a 21 composite on the ACT
- Have no moral or personal conviction that will prevent you from:
- Bearing arms
- Supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States
- Receive a waiver for any arrest or civil conviction (if applicable)
Although medical qualification is not required to be eligible to receive a scholarship offer, medical qualification is required in order to receive the scholarship benefits.
To receive the scholarship benefits, you must also agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty upon graduation and receipt of your commission. For additional information, please contact our Scholarship and Enrollment Officer at (303) 492-3549.