Alumni & Friends
Instructions for Taking the MBTI and SII
Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) Office of Alumni Relations offers two career assessments to assist with your career exploration.
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is utilized to assist individuals as they identify their personality strengths, preferred work environments, communication styles and career possibilities.
- The Strong Interest Inventory (SII) organizes valuable information about your interests and your relationship to the world of work. It compares your likes and dislikes with those of people in a variety of different occupations.
Estimated completion time for each assessment is 30 minutes. The MBTI and SII are registered trademarks of Consulting Psychologists Press, Inc.
We charge $40 per assessment and $80 for both the SII and MBTI. Payment is due before taking the assessment.
How to Access On-Line Career Assessments
- Go to https://online.cpp.com/en/index.aspx
- Enter the following login and password:
- Login: MSUDenverAlumni
- Password: Rowdy1965
- User ID: Leave this area blank. You only need a User ID if you have to stop in the middle and come back to the assessment later. We recommend that you complete each assessment in one sitting if possible.
- Click on the green “Login” button
- Select “MBTI, Step 1, Form M” or “Strong Interest Inventory”
- IMPORTANT: please be sure to indicate “male” or “female”
- Once you have completed the assessments, you must select “Done”
- If you need to complete another assessment, click “Begin Another Assessment” to return to the assessment menu and follow the same process. If you have logged out and are returning at a later time/date, be sure to log in the second time with your User ID.
Getting Your Results
- To receive your results, you are required to participate in an interpretation with your career consultant. To schedule an appointment call 303-556-8320. Be sure to let us know which assessment(s) you took. Assessment interpretations last 1 hour per assessment
- Career Services will keep your assessment results on file for one year. After one year, your results will be purged.
MBTI/SII Refund Policy
There are no refunds given for assessments; however, you may reschedule your appointment if you are unable to attend for any reason.