First-Time College Students
The process to apply to MSU Denver in three easy steps!
Take a look at the admissions requirements below and apply online before the posted deadline with a $25 application fee.
At MSU Denver, we look at several things within your application and review students in a multi-faceted, holistic approach.
Apply Online In One Of Two Ways
- Roadrunner Application: This is the online application specific for MSU Denver.
- CommonApp: MSU Denver accepts the Common Application (CommonApp) where many students apply in one seamless application process to multiple colleges and universities.
Submit your $25 application fee, you will submit this at the end of either online application method.
|Summer 2021||May 17, 2021|
|Fall 2021||July 1, 2021|
|Spring 2022||Dec. 15, 2021|
What We Look At
- Academic record: Grades, GPA, classes attended, etc.
- HEAR Recommendations: Higher Education Admissions Recommendations (HEAR)
- Test Scores: ACT and/or SAT
- Test scores are optional for the graduating class of 2021 (?)
|MSU Denver considers other things that may have influenced how you did in high school. We will look at your student and community activities. Feel free to share anything you think is important.|
Secondary Admission Review
If you are below or on the lower end of one or more of the ranges listed below, you may be selected for Secondary Admission Review (?)
MSU Denver Average Student Profile
Based on Mid-50% range of admitted students
(4.0 scale – includes weighted GPA)
(Evidenced Based Reading and Writing + Math)
|2.82 - 3.64||17 - 23||910 - 1090|
GED scores: must be 145 or higher on all four sections.
Completion of High School -OR- Qualifying GED Scores (See GED Recipient Dropdown)
Get an admissions decision in as little as three days.
- You will receive an admissions decision via email. You will need to log in to your admissions application account to view your admission decision.
- You will also receive a decision letter mailed to the address you listed on your application.
- To check the status of your application at any time, contact admissions or log in to your admissions application account.
If you are admitted, submit your official documents.
MSU Denver does not request your official documents when you apply. You are admitted based on the information you enter on your application and/or unofficial documents that you upload, so you should make sure all information is as accurate as possible.
If you are admitted, you will need to submit your official transcripts or GED score (and official test scores if applicable) to complete your file. Enrollment and financial aid can be impacted if you do not submit, so be sure to request them. If you will graduate from your current institution before you begin at MSU Denver, please wait to submit your transcripts until your final grades and graduation date have posted.
Ready to Reimagine Possible? Join the thousands of students who have written their own story.
Other Things To Know
Apply early for quicker processing times and best selection of classes.
Admissions counselors visit high schools and college fairs. Check out when we will be in your area.
Each student is designated an admissions counselor to help them through the process. You can call, email, text or even meet with them one-on-one at any time! Find Your Counselor
You may be eligible for admission without standardized test scores. However, if you have test scores less than 5 years old (ACT or SAT), it is still a good idea to submit them as these scores can be helpful for advising purposes and course placement. If you do not have standardized test scores, you may need to take a placement test with the Office of Testing Services.
MSU Denver is proud to offer a high-quality education without the high-end price tag. Experience an urban campus and be part of one of the most diverse student communities in Colorado where learners connect with leaders and classrooms lead to careers.