Semester   In-State Correction & WUE Form     Petition for In-State Tuition  
Spring 2023 February 2, 2023 February 16, 2023
Summer 2023 June 20, 2023 July 12, 2023
Fall 2023 September 6, 2023 September 20, 2023


WUE is the Western Undergraduate Exchange, a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Through WUE, students in western states/territories (AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, ND, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY, Guam, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Federal States of Micronesia, Republic of the Marshal Islands, and Republic of Palau) may enroll in many two-year and four-year college programs at a reduced tuition level: 150 percent of the institution’s regular resident tuition. WUE tuition is considerably less than non-resident tuition.Student (23 years of age or older) or parent/legal guardian (for students under the age of 23) must have domicile in an approved western state for 12-months preceding the first day of classes and claim that state as their home of permanent residencePlease note: If you are requesting to be a part of the WUE program, you are indicating you are not a Colorado resident and will not establish Colorado residency during your time of attendance at MSU Denver. If you plan to establish your residency in Colorado and would like to petition for in-state benefits at MSU Denver during your time of attendance, it is recommended you do not claim another state as your state of residence.

1. Complete the WUE Application using information for qualifying person.

2. Submit the completed form to the Office of Admissions before the census date in the student’s first semester.