Skip to main content Skip to main content

Military / Veteran Students and Dependents

Select the status that best fits you.

If you are an active duty military on Permanent Change of Station (PCS) order to Colorado or, receiving military benefits through Post-911, you can qualify for in-state tuition.

  • Students not using their military education benefits must submit the Active Duty Military Tuition Classification Form.
  • Students using their military education benefits: active duty military members and their dependents will be eligible for in-state tuition by providing the military member’s most recent Certificate of Eligibility.
  • If you are within 3 years of discharge at the time of enrollment and intend to use Post 9/11 GI BIll or Montgomery GI Bill Chapter 30 you may qualify per federal legislation.
  • If it has been longer than 3 years or you are not using the Post 9/11 GI Bill or Montgomery GI Bill Chapter 30, you can still qualify for in-state tuition if you are a veteran with a DD-214 without regard to how long you have been in Colorado.  You will need to submit the Veteran Tuition Application with the DD-214 and two documents showing you have moved to Colorado and your intent is to remain a Colorado resident permanently.

If you are a member of the Colorado National Guard, you may be eligible for in-state tuition. Students qualifying for in-state tuition on this basis do not qualify for state-based aid. Guard members must be members of the Colorado National Guard by the day before classes begin for the semester. Unmarried dependents under the age of 22 by the first day of class and spouses also qualify.

Edit this page