Department of Accounting
Overview of the Bachelor of Science in Accounting Program
What Sets Us Apart
- One of the most affordable bachelor degree programs in Colorado
- Two campus locations: main Auraria (downtown Denver) and MSU Denver South (Greenwood Village)
- Scheduling options to accommodate everyone: day, evenings, weekends, online
- Dedicated School of Business advisors
- Experienced instructors with varied backgrounds in all types of accounting who also advise students
- Opportunities for on-the-job training through internships and independent study coursework.
What You Will Get
The ability to:
- obtain, understand and apply information from the liberal arts, sciences, business and discipline-specific courses to organized issues and situations.
- explain how ethical, legal, political, regulatory, social, global, environmental and technological issues influence business decisions.
- analyze a business problem by incorporating diverse perspectives.
- apply foundation business knowledge and skills to develop competent decisions in the areas of accounting, economics, finance, information systems, management and marketing.
- communicate effectively the alternatives considered, a recommended solution, and an implementation strategy in oral, written and electronic form.
- demonstrate knowledge and skills to meet career needs.
- exhibit and appreciation for extra-curricular activities and continuous, life-long learning.
The degree requires completion of coursework in general studies, the core business disciplines and requirements, a major, and electives. A minor is not required.