Accessibility at MSU Denver
MSU Denver Faculty Resources for designing, developing and delivering accessible instruction.
“Accessible” means that individuals with disabilities are able to independently acquire the same information, engage in the same interactions, and enjoy the same services within the same timeframe as individuals without disabilities, with substantially equivalent ease of use.
Primary Faculty Resources concerning accessible instruction.
Training and assisting faculty in creating accessible documents, advising and training on adaptive technology, consulting on reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.
Center for Teaching, Learning and Design (CTLD)
Accessible pedagogy training through workshops, faculty learning communities, mentoring, instructional feedback, and one-on-one consulting.
CTLD - Instructional Design Support
Making audio-visual materials accessible (such as adding subtitles to videos) and producing new audio-visual materials that are accessible, advising and assisting faculty in developing accessible Blackboard content.
Procuring and installing adaptive hardware and software.
Common accessibility issues and suggested resources?
- To develop awareness of accessibility issues, processes, and resources for faculty groups, please contact the CTLD to schedule a presentation.
- For consultation concerning mandatory accommodations for students, please contact the Access Center.
- For pedagogical training and instructional strategies concerning accessibility topics, such as Universal Design for Learning, please contact the CTLD.
- To design and develop a new, or revise an existing online or blended course, to be fully accessible, please contact the CTLD - Instructional Design Support Team.
- To develop accessible alternatives or to modify existing tables, images, PDF documents, PowerPoint and other static content to be fully accessible, please contact the CTLD.
- To caption and/or transcribe videos or develop accessible alternatives for Publisher content, please contact the ITS Helpdesk or the Access Center..
- To find multimedia resources that consider accessibility, please consult the CLTD Faculty Multimedia Resources .
- To procure and install software, including Read&Write Gold, Adobe Acrobat Pro, or MathType please contact the ITS Help Desk.
- To find assistance in determinin accessibility or creating accessible materials consult the CTLD Document Accessibility, Multimedia Accessibility, and Web Accessibility resource pages.