Access Center- Student Disability Support Services
Read&Write PC Install Guide
A printable PDF version of these instructions can be found here: Read&Write Installation Guide - Windows
- Once you’ve downloaded the file, locate it, then right click it, and select “Extract All…”
- In the wizard dialogue, select where you want the folder to be extracted by clicking the “Browse…” button. When you’ve finished, check the box next to “Show extracted files when complete” and then click “Extract.” When the process finishes, a new window will open, and you should see the new folder.
- Double-click the folder, then double-click “Read&Write.exe” (look for the purple puzzle piece icon).
- A security window may pop up asking if you want to run the file. Click Run. If you do not see this window, proceed to the next step.
- A window will open asking if you accept the terms. Click Accept and Install to continue.
- The installer will begin and a progress bar may appear. It may take several minutes to complete, so please be patient.
- Once the program is done installing a purple puzzle piece icon will appear on your desktop. Double click on this icon to launch the program.
- When the program launches, it will be minimized at the top of your screen. To expand the toolbar, click the tab.
- IMPORTANT: You must be connected to the internet for this step to be completed. A dialogue box will appear asking you to select a method of sign in. You MUST select Sign in with Microsoft to properly activate the license. NOTE: Choosing Sign in with Google will not properly activate the license, and you will only be given a 30 day free trial.
- When prompted, enter your MSU Denver student email and password. If a box appears asking you to Allow access to the program, please click Allow.
- When complete, click Get Started.
- You’re ready to use Read&Write!