Access Center- Student Disability Support Services
Read&Write Installation Instructions - Mac
A printable PDF version of these instructions can be found here: Read&Write Installation Guide - Mac
PLEASE NOTE: These instructions are intended for Mac desktop and laptop computers only. These instructions are not for iOS (iPhone or iPad).
- Once you’ve downloaded the file, locate Read&write.zip in your Downloads, right-click it, and select Open.
- The file will automatically expand. When the process is complete, the file read&write.dmg will appear in the Downloads folder. Right-click it, then select Open.
- A window will open asking you to drag the icon into the applications folder. Click and drag the purple puzzle icon to the folder icon. A progress bar may appear while the application is installing. When the installation is complete, the progress bar and window will close.
- Open your Applications folder by selecting Finder on your dock, or by pressing F4 on your keyboard. Scroll until you see Read&Write, then double-click it to launch the program.
- A security message will appear asking if you’re sure you want to open the app. Click Open.
- A window will open asking you to enable Assistive Devices. Click the Security & Privacy button.
- A Security & Privacy window will open. If the icon in the bottom-left corner is not already “unlocked”, click it then enter your Mac system password. Then, check the box next to Read&Write, and close the Security & Privacy window.
- The Assistive Devices window should still be open. Click the Continue button.
- Another security message will appear asking if you would like to allow the program to access “System Events”. Click OK.
- A User Terms window will appear. Click the radio button next to “I accept the User Terms,” then click OK.
- IMPORTANT: You must be connected to the internet for this step to be completed. A dialogue box will appear asking you to select a method of sign in. You MUST select Sign in with Microsoft to properly activate the license. NOTE: Choosing Sign in with Google will not properly activate the license, and you will only be given a 30 day free trial.
- When prompted, enter your MSU Denver student email and password. If a box appears asking you to Allow access to the program, click Allow.
- Once you’ve logged in, the program is ready for use! You can launch the program from the Apps list by opening Finder or by pressing F4 on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the icon from the Apps folder to your Dock.