Access Center- Student Disability Support Services
Read&Write Installation Instructions - Chrome
Important Note: This version of Read&Write is web-based and will only run within the Google Chrome browser. If you are using a Windows or Mac computer, it is highly recommended you download and install the associated desktop version instead.
A printable PDF version of these instructions can be found here: Read&Write Installation Guide - Google Chrome
- To install Read&Write for Google Chrome, search for it on the Chrome Web Store, or select this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/readwrite-for-google-chro/inoeonmfapjbbkmdafoankkfajkcphgd
- Select the Add to Chrome button.
- A pop up will appear asking you to confirm that you would like to add the extension. Select the Add extension button.
- When Chrome has finished adding the extension, a popup will appear in the corner to confirm the process is complete.
Important note: To continue the setup, you will need to be on a website other than the Chrome Web Store, as Read&Write will not launch while you are on the Web Store page. A good site to use is the MSU Denver homepage, msudenver.edu.
- Launch Read&Write by selecting the purple puzzle piece icon at the top right corner of Chrome, or by pressing Alt + Shift + R on your keyboard. The toolbar will appear near the top of the browser.
- On the far right of the toolbar, select the three horizontal dots to open the More menu, then select Options.
- In the Options window, select Accounts in the menu on the left side.
- If the email address displayed is NOT your MSU Denver email address, select the Sign in with Microsoft button.
- A Microsoft sign-in page should appear. Sign in to your student account as you normally would.
- A permission request screen will appear. Select the Accept button.
- You should be taken back to the Options window. Your MSU Denver email should be listed now, and the button should change to Sign in with Google.
- You are now ready to use Read&Write for Google Chrome!
Important note: You must be signed in with your student email in order for the license to validate. If at any time you see a message that your license will expire, please follow steps 5 - 11 to confirm you are signed in with your MSU Denver email address.