Delta Alpha Pi (DAP), Alpha Alpha Chapter
Metropolitan State University of Denver
DAP was founded at East Stroudsburg University in 2004 to recognize the academic accomplishments of students with disabilities.
- Recognizes academic accomplishments
- Enhances resumes and graduate school applications
- Increases positive perception of individuals with disabilities
- Facilitates development of leadership and advocacy skills
- Provides mentoring opportunities
- Demonstrates pride in academic achievement
- Maintain a minimum cumulative Undergraduate GPA of 3.1, Graduate cumulative GPA of 3.3.
- May or may not be actively registered with the Access Center.
- Achieve a minimum of 24 credits hours (Undergraduate) 18 completed credits hours (Graduate) and currently enrolled at MSU Denver.
- Demonstrate an interest in disability advocacy issues by volunteering for one disability related activity per academic year.
- Attend at least one general meeting (or two open forum meetings) of the Alpha Alpha Chapter of the DAP per academic year. There are two general meetings held each academic year in conjunction with the Induction Ceremony. These are typically held in November for the fall semester, and April for the spring semester.
- Be willing to have your name, address and email contact sent to the International Honor Society each year if you remain on the Active List by meeting criteria 1-4 above.
** In order to remain on the Alpha Alpha Chapter Active Membership List, members must maintain criteria #1-6 above, otherwise names are moved to an inactive status list.
By filling out this application I acknowledge that this information will be forwarded to the President of DAP, Alpha Alpha Chapter.