We are currently enrolling new members for the 2013-2014 school year. Compact Service Corps can offer up to $2,775 towards your education. If you are interested in applying for the program please review the following information. Space is limited so sign up today!!!
2. Click on the Application/Enrollment tab at left. Read and follow the instructions on that page.
The Compact Service Corps Program (formerly UCAN Serve) provides a monetary education award in exchange for unpaid volunteer service to the community; such as internships, student teaching, practica, field placements, clinical rotations, and other volunteer activities. All service activities must fall into one of the two focus areas of the program (see the Focus Area section for specific criteria for each):
- Healthy Futures
What service sites qualify? In order for a particular site or organization to qualify as a service site for the program it must be a non-profit, government agency, or a K-12 school. To see if your site qualifies you can click the Qualifying Site Information tab at left.
Who is eligible to participate in the program?
- You must be a US Citizen, US National, or a lawful permanent resident of the USA.
- You must be at least 17 years of age (or at least 16 if you are out of school and participating in a youth corps or a program for certain disadvantaged individuals).
- You must have a high school diploma or GED or agree to obtain one while serving.
- You must successfully pass a criminal background check (the only offenses that will automatically disqualify you from the program are murder convictions or showing up on the national sex offender registry).
You may sign up for any of the terms of service listed below. The one or two year timeframe begins on your enrollment date. You are not allow to log hours completed prior to your start date.
300 Service Hours in 12 Months = $1,175
450 Service Hours in 12 Months = $1,468
675 Service Hours in 12 Months = $2,114
900 Service Hours in 24 Months = $2,775
Your service activities MUST fall into one of these two categories in order to qualify for the Compact Service Corps Program:
Education - Tutoring, mentoring, student teaching or other education programs for K-12 students. Does your volunteer service qualify? (See pages 11-14 of the Member Handbook)
Healthy Futures - Primary or preventive healthcare in underserved communities including mental health counseling. Does your volunteer service qualify? (See pages 15-18 of the Member Handbook)
Back to Top
UCAN Serve/Compact Service Corps Program Coordinator
Center for Urban Connections
Campus Box 7, P.O. Box 173362
Denver, CO 80217
303-352-7129 - Office