Skip to main content


If you have an expired or soon-to-be expired Colorado Teacher’s License, you will need to follow the instructions on the Colorado Department of Education website to apply for recertification.  The links below will guide you to helpful pages on their site. 

Licensure Renewal Application Information

Frequently Asked Questions about Colorado teacher Licensure Renewal

Once you have examined the information on the Colorado Department of Education website, and you have determined that you want to take classes at MSU Denver to use toward recertification, your next step will be to speak with an Education advisor in the area in which you are renewing your licensure to select courses.  Please refer to the Advising section of this site for more info on Teacher Education advisors.  Secondary and K-12 licensure renewal candidates may choose to take courses in their content area and should contact the content area Major department about choosing and registering for classes (i.e. if you are renewing a Secondary Mathematics license and would like to take some Math courses to use toward recertification, contact the Math and Computer Science Department at MSU Denver).  Information on all academic departments at MSU Denver can be found on the MSU Denver A-Z directory