Computer Lab Reservation Instructions
IT Internal Policy: Student Computer Lab Reservations
Logging Into the System
Reserve a Computer Lab
Viewing Your Reservation by CRN
Viewing Reservations for a Specific Term / Lab / Week (Week Display Grid)
The student computer labs are provided as an important resource to Metro State students for access to the tools they need to meet and complete course requirements. Certain computer labs are available for faculty or departments to reserve for Metro State courses that require the use of technology and/or software. Reservations are made through the electronic Lab Reservation System, or by calling the Lab Reservation Coordinator. Adherence to the following policy is required when reserving and utilizing the student computer labs.
Metro State Academic Courses:
- Labs may be reserved by Metro State faculty or departments for Metro State classes with a valid Course Registration Number (CRN) only.
- Students may not reserve the computer labs.
- “Priority departments” have first priority for lab reservations during “priority week”. The dates for priority week will be determined and announced by Computer Lab Management.
- Following priority week, reservations are opened to all departments.
- Faculty may reserve a lab for two class periods per week, per course (CRN). Reservations for a third class period must be made through the Lab Reservations Coordinator.
- Reserve the selected lab only for the time during which the class will physically occupy the lab. (For example, if your class runs from 12:00 Noon – 2:15 p.m., and the lab is required from 12:00 Noon – 1:00 p.m., reserve the lab for that hour only.) The professor must be in the room during the reserved time.
- Lab reservations must be confirmed by faculty once classes have started and reservations cancelled for time in the labs that will not be used.
- Reservations in departmental labs must be made by contacting the appropriate department.
- Conflicting lab reservations must be reconciled during priority week. All conflicts must be resolved before classes begin. Conflicts should be worked out by contacting the department. If no solution is found, contact the Lab Reservations Coordinator for assistance.
- If a smart classroom with a laptop and projector will be adequate for a class, do not reserve a lab.
- Labs will be monitored for use during reserved time slots. If a class does not show up 15 minutes past the scheduled time slot, the lab will be opened to general student use.
- If a scheduled class does not utilize the lab for 3 consecutive class periods, the department will be contacted and the lab opened for students or reservations by other departments.
- If a lab will not be needed on a specific date, inform the lab attendant so the lab can be made available to students.
- Reservations for department workshops or events for Metro State faculty or students can be made on a space available basis by contacting the lab reservations coordinator.
Other Metro State events and training and non-profit organizations:
Reservations in student computer labs for events or training that are not Metro State academic courses for credit with a valid CRN number will be made on a space available basis only and will require a rental fee. [College technology training rooms (Administration 465 in IT and CN 220in the CAT lab) may be available for non-course related events by calling the appropriate department.]
- For training and events sponsored by a Metro State affiliated program or department, a fee of $25.00 per hour or $180.00 per day will be assessed and a deposit of $100.00 paid in advance.
- For training and events associated with external, non-profit agencies, a fee of $45.00 per hour or $350.00 per day and a deposit of $175.00 paid in advance.
- The image on lab computers will not be changed for any event or training.
- Due to “Unfair Competition” laws & regulations, private individuals and for-profit businesses may not rent or reserve student labs.
- Training events for non-profits will be scheduled strictly on a space available basis, and must be made by the Lab Reservations Coordinator.
NOTE: Reservations for Metro State academic courses will always be given priority over other events and training.
Logging Into the System
- Open Internet Explorer and go to http://connectu.msudenver.edu and log in. the menu item titled “Registration/Records”.
- Log in to ConnectU under Secure Access Login
- Choose the “My Services/Registration” tab.
- Choose Access Your Banner Web Services...
Reserve a Computer Lab
- Login to the Banner Web System (See the “Logging into the system” instructions above.
- Click the menu item “Academic Computing Lab Menu” from the main menu.
- Click the menu item “Lab Reservations Menu” from the Academic Computing Lab Menu.
- Click the menu item “Reserve a computer lab” from the Lab Reservations Menu.
- Fill out the Step 1 of 5 Reservation form and click next to move to the next step of the reservation process.
- Select a Term for Reservation (e.g. Spring 2012)
- Enter a CRN
- Fill out the Step 2 of 5 Reservation form and click next to move to the next step of the reservation process.
- Select a Lab
- Select your reservation hours
- Select if you wish to allow outside students to use computers that are not being used.
- Fill out the Step 3 of 5 Reservation form and click next to move to the next step of the reservation process.
- Select a day for each week you would like a reservation. The Days selectable are limited to only the days that your course meets and to days where the time and lab selected are OPEN. If you received the message ALREADY RESERVED, this means that you already have 2 day reserved for this course (Requests to have more than 2 day per week still go to Lab Supervisors).
- Confirm the reservation you are about to submit and click the NEXT button to receive a confirmation of your reservation.