Skip to main content

Reporting an Incident

Incident Report Form                                  

Any member of the campus community can report a code of conduct violation by filing an incident report.  File a Report

** Please see below for more infomation on filing an incident report.                              

Incident Report: to be used by students, staff and faculty to report alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct- including academic misconduct.

Care Report

Care report: To be used by students, staff, or faculty as a way of letting us know if you are concerned about a student’s behavior.  For example, if a student is exhibiting behavior that is unusual, unpredictable, or otherwise of concern please file a CARE report. If you are unsure if the behavior warrants a report, please fill out the form anyway. Someone from Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution Services will contact you to discuss the report. For more information about the CARE Team see


** Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution Services (SCCRS) administers the Student Code of Conduct, which identifies behavioral expectations for all students. If you have knowledge of a MSU Denver student violating the Code of Conduct, you are encouraged and expected to file an incident report. Actions that have a negative impact on the community cannot be addressed if we are not aware that they are happening.

Once a report has been filed, the Student Conduct Officer and/or the Academic Integrity Coordinator will review the report to see if the incident warrants further investigation. Typically the first steps in this process include contacting the reporter and witnesses to gather more information about the incident and meeting with the student to address the alleged misconduct. Upon an investigation, appropriate action will be taken. It is SCCRS' philosophy to resolve things at the lowest level possible; therefore, we utilize Conflict Resolution whenever appropriate. However, some violations may require a more formal conduct process. Please note that University disciplinary records are protected by a federal privacy law called the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Also note the student is entitled to see this documentation, including the name of the person filing the report.

If you have any questions regarding filing an incident report, please contact Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution Services at (303) 556- 3559. If you are unsure about filing a report, we can process through the situation with you and discuss available options.

In an Emergency--crimes in progress, fire, life threatening behavior—please call 911.

Please provide detailed information regarding the incident you are reporting. Please indicate specific language used and any physical actions taken.