Dr Biswadip Ghosh
Computer Information Systems
Personal Biography Statement
Biswadip Ghosh is Associate Professor of Computer Information Systems at Metropolitan State University of Denver. Dr. Ghosh received his Ph.D. in Computer Science and Information Systems from the University of Colorado. His research interests include healthcare information systems, knowledge management, business process outsourcing, ERP and end-user training. His teaching areas are enterprise systems (SAP-ERP), SAP Netweaver portal and development tools, MIS capstone, systems analysis methods and computer networking. Prior to joining MSCD, he had worked in the telecommunications industry with AT&T/Lucent/Avaya for over 19 years on multimedia messaging solutions, global service delivery processes and expert systems in multiple roles such as systems/business analyst, project manager and software architect/developer. His research has been presented and published in AIS, IEEE, ACM and IFIP sponsored conference proceedings and journals such as MIS Quarterly executive, International Journal of Technology Management, IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in BioMedicine, IEEE Networks, and Information Systems Management.
Ghosh,B. (2012), Using Fuzzy Classification for Chronic Disease Management, Indian Journal of Economics and Business (11:1), pp. 231-240.
Ghosh, B. and Scott, J.E. (2011), “Antecedents and Catalysts for Developing a Healthcare Analytic Capability”, Communications of the AIS, Vol 29, Article 11.
Ghosh, B. (2011), “GlobePort Faces Global Business Challenges – Assessing the Organizational Side of Information Systems Projects”, Journal of Information Systems Education (22:2), pp. 87-94.
Segall, M., Ghosh, B. and Morrell, J. (2009), “A Database System for IS Curriculum Assessment Using ISA Examination Performance”, Information Systems Education Journal, (7:3), March, ISBN 1545-679X.
Ghosh, B. and Scott, J.E. (2009), “Relational Alignment in Offshore IS Outsourcing”, Management Information Systems Quarterly Executive, (8:1), March, pp. 19-29.
Ghosh, B. and Scott, J.E. (2009), “Managing Clinical knowledge among hospital nurses”, International Journal of Technology Management, (47:1-3), pp 57-74.
Ghosh, B. and Scott, J.E. (2007), “Effective Knowledge Management Systems for a Clinical Nursing Setting”, Information Systems Management, Vol. 24, No. 1, 73-84.
Ghosh, B. and Scott, J.E. (2005), “Comparing Knowledge Management in Health-care and Technical Support Organizations”, IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in BioMedicine, Vol. 9, No. 2, 162-168.
Ghosh, B. (2011), "Cross-Cultural Knowledge Management Practices to Support Offshore Outsourcing", Cases on Knowledge Management in Emerging Economies (ed. Al-Shammari), IGI Press, ISBN 978-161692-886-5, chap 15, pp. 249-259.
Ghosh, B. (2009), “Improving the Quality of Healthcare Research Data Sets”, Handbook of Research on IT Management and Clinical Data Administration in Healthcare (ed. A. Dwivedi), IGI Press; ISBN: 1-60566-356-5, June.
Honors and Awards
• Dean's Award for Excellence in Scholarship, MSCD Business School, April, 2012
• Outstanding Professor Award, MSCD Business School Students, September, 2011
• Meritorious Paper Award, 25th Annual Information Systems Education Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, November 6-9, 2008.
• US Patent # 20070245027 – User Session Dependent URL Masking, Awarded October 18, 2007 (coauthored with Mr. Santhpur Rao).
• Best Paper Award, Outsourcing Track, Americas Conference on Information Systems, Acapulco, Mexico, August, 2006.
• High Flyer Award, Services Business Management, Avaya, 2000
• Salute to Excellence Award, Avaya, 2000
• National Service Assistance Center Award for Outstanding Partnership Award, Lucent Technologies, 1999
• President’s Quality Award, AT&T Bell Laboratories, 1994-95
[ : to : ]
[08:30 to 11:00]
[ : to : ]
[08:30 to 11:00]