On May 19, 2009 SafeAssign replaced Turnitin as Metro State's primary plagiarism prevention service.
SafeAssign™ is a plagiarism prevention service, offered through Metro State's Blackboard Vista. This service helps educators prevent plagiarism by detecting unoriginal content in student papers. In addition to acting as a plagiarism deterrent, it also has features designed to aid in educating students about plagiarism and importance of proper attribution of any borrowed content.
NOTICE: On May 19, 2009 SafeAssign replaced Turnitin as Metro State's primary plagiarism prevention service.
- Additional functionality, such as the ability for a student to choose whether their work is shared with other Colleges.
- Full integration with Metro State's Blackboard course management system .
- Allows for the creation of Individuality Reports and plagiarism prevention without leaving the course environment.
- Single sign on eliminates the need for multiple passwords.
- SafeAssign is part of the campus license of the Blackboard system, and unlike Turnitin, is provided at no extra charge to the College.