Transcript Request Form (PDF 141 KB)
In accordance with FERPA, only the student may request a copy of his/her academic record. Official transcripts are provided as hard copies and at no charge.
If you are a current student or you attended MSU Denver within the last three semesters, the easiest way to request a transcript is through ConnectU:
- Log in to ConnectU;
- Click the "My Services/Registration" tab;
- Click on "My Services," and log in again;
- Click on "Registration, Credit Card Payment, Student Records, and Financial Aid Menu;"
- Click on "Student Records;"
- Click on either "View/Print Unofficial Academic Transcript" or "Request Official Transcripts to be Mailed."
If you cannot access ConnectU, or if you need anything attached to your transcript, you can submit a request in person, by mail, or by fax. Please see Alumni and Former Students for instructions on submitting a request via mail or fax.
If you are an alumni or you attended MSU Denver more than three semesters ago, you may only request a transcript by fax, by mail, or in person.
To request a transcript by fax or by mail, complete and submit a Transcript Request Form (PDF 141 KB).
If you are unable to access the printable form, please submit the following information:
- First and last name;
- Previous names, if applicable;
- Birth date;
- Approximate date of last term of attendance;
- Complete mailing address where the transcripts are to be sent;
- Number of copies desired;
- Phone number or email where we can contact you if we have questions;
- MSU Denver 900 ID number (optional);
- Hand-written signature authorizing the release of records.
FAX Number: (303) 556-3999
Office of the Registrar, MSU Denver
P.O. Box 173362
Campus Box 84
Denver, CO 80217-3362
To obtain a copy of your transcript in person, you must present an acceptable and valid photo ID in the Office of the Registrar, Student Success Building Suite 160 (#3).
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
There is a $6.00 service charge for all transcripts faxed from our office. Faxed transcripts are unofficial and are most often requested for personal use or as a placeholder for the official transcript.
To order a faxed transcript, download our Transcript Request Form (PDF 141 KB). You can pay this fee by clicking on the "Transcript Payment Form" link in the Faxed Transcript section. You must submit the request form and the payment form before your transcript can be processed. If you have questions on submitting your payment, contact the Cashiers Office at 303-556-4013.
Transcripts intended for use outside of the United States must often be authenticated or legalized with an Apostille certificate. An Apostille is granted through the Colorado Secretary of State, and it certifies the authenticity of your documents and your notary's signature. If you require an Apostille, please follow this process:
- Request a notarized transcript from MSU Denver's Office of the Registrar. Note: Transcripts are not automatically notarized. You must specifically ask for a notarized transcript when submitting a request in person; or, if you are submitting a written request, you must make a special note on theTranscript Request Form (PDF 141 KB)
- Pick up your notarized transcript or have it sent to your home.
- Visit the Colorado Secretary of State's website for further instructions.