Governance Task Force
In the fall 2014 semester, Dr. Jordan convened a task force to examine shared governance at MSU Denver. The task force is charged to review and recommend policies and actions that will develop a structure of effective shared governance at all levels of MSU Denver. This includes:
- Soliciting feedback from elected governance leaders advisory group, as well as the MSU Denver community.
- Reviewing the shared principles of shared governance that were developed at the Sept. 2014 Board of Trustees retreat.
- Soliciting feedback, seek Best Practices from other institutions, and gather criteria for evaluating effective shared governance.
- Having a transparent process that provides updates to the Board of Trustees, University community and relevant outside groups.
- Drawing upon key elements of the MSU Denver Strategic Plan – A Time for Transformation, and develop a value statement and guiding principles that demonstrate a commitment to effective shared governance.
- Providing final recommendation of an effective shared governance structure to the MSU Denver Board of Trustees at the May, 2015 business meeting.
The task force submitted a final report to Dr. Jordan and the Board of Trustees in June, 2015. Please download the report and appendices here: