ConnectU is the main source of communication within Metro State. It provides easy access to a wide-range of campus services as well as additional features such as group functions and live chat opportunities with classes. You will miss out on some important services and information available through ConnectU if you don't use it, or at least visit it daily, such as:
- Personal Announcements: Contains messages sent to you based on information specific to your role on campus, your major, a class you are currently enrolled in, or some other attribute. This channel is considered an official form of University communication.
- My Services/Registration: Gives you single sign-on access to services such as registering and paying for classes, viewing your grades, applying for financial aid, viewing and printing your CAPP report, accessing your course schedule, and much more.
- E-mail: As a Metro State student, you receive a free e-mail account and the opportunity to have your other e-mail accounts forwarded to ConnectU for easy access. You can access your e-mail account on or off campus as long as you have an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Calendar: Gives you the ability to create and manage multiple calendars including your school and course related calendar(s) as well as your group and personal calendar(s) from any computer with Web access. The calendar is automatically integrated with Metro State's information system and is dynamically updated when you register for or drop a class.
- My Courses: Provides access to a wide variety of information related to your classes. A homepage is provided for each course that you are registered for in a given term. From the course homepage you can access the course's chat room, message board, calendar, and email.
- Group Studio: Gives students the ability to create and manage group homepages for clubs or other affiliations and interests. Group members can view and submit information to be included on or in the group homepage, announcements, news articles, photos, links, and files. Members can also utilize the message board, calendar, email, and chat options and access sub-group and member information.
ConnectU provides access to content through channels. In general, channels provide at-a-glance information with links to expanded content or Web resources. ConnectU allows you to customize the tabs and channels contained in your layout so you can access your favorite channels quickly.
- RSS Channels: Subscribe to RSS channels such as the Wellness Channel as well as local, national, and international news channels like the BBC and Green Peace News.
- Academic Services: As a current student of Metro State you have access to research covering business and technology issues from a world recognized research/consulting organization, Gartner Research, as well as other academic services such as Turnitin (peer review and plagiarism prevention services) and Smarthinking (online tutoring and writing services). Subscribing to these channels makes it easy to access these services.
General self-help information and documentation about ConnectU are also available.