- WRHC submissions due! WRHC, the Western Regional Honors Conference will be in Reno Nevada April 9-12. Submissions are due Friday, January 16. Please contact Dr. Eckert or he WRHC website for more information
- Spatial Stories: Topographies of Change in Africa. February 6-April 4. This will be held at the Center for Visual Art. 965 Santa Fe Drive Denver, CO for more information visit www.msudenver.edu/cva. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when a brief description is submitted.
- Study Abroad Fair: February 10 from 10:00-2:00 in North classroom in the first floor atrium. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when a brief description is submitted
- Presentation by Elevations Counseling LLC: Tuesday Februay 24 from 12:30-1:45 in Tivoli 320A. "Most people would not hesitate to admit that they'd visited a primary care physician in the past because of a physical ailment, but many would be ashamed to admit that they had sought mental health treatment for something like depression, or an issue with substance use. This presentation focuses on social stigma surrounding mental health and substance use: why it exists, what barriers and dangers that it poses to those in need, and what we can do about it. We will also discuss self-care in the helping professions, and how we as professionals are keeping ourselves healthy so that we can better serve our clients." 2 extracurricular points will be granted when a brief description is submitted
- Come to SUESSICAL: Which is a fantastical, magical, musical that brings to life all our favorite Dr. Seuss characters. Saturday & Sunday, March 6-7 7:30-9:30 pm. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when a brief description is submitted
- WRHC-Western Regional Honors Conferece: April 9-12 in Reno Nevada. If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please contact Dr. Eckert, or visit the website. 6 extracurricular points will be granted for presenting. PLEASE NOTE THE HONORS HOUSE WILL BE CLOSED APRIL 9-10.
- RMHC-Rocky Mountail Honors Council symposium: April 18 9:00-4:00 at CSU Pueblo. We will be leaving Friday April 17 and staying the night. The RMHC is a symposium where 10-13 rocky mountain honors programs are all given the same prompt, and each team will come up with a 10 minute presentation. Each team can be large as the honors program, only three team mebers will be presenting the information at the symposium The teams are judged by outside community membrs to select a winner each year. The prompt for this year is:
Our lives have grown more digital while concerns with national and personal security have increased. Snowden’s disclosure of the NSA’s surveillance program and (what appears to be) corporate complicity highlights the contemporary tension between the democratic values of a) personal privacy and public transparency, and b) the demand for national security. Can these values and demands be reconciled? If so, how? If not, what should take priority? Why?
If you are interested in being apart of the team, or traveling to watch the symposium, please contact Jennifer. 4 extracurricular points will be granted for helping, and attending, 6 points will be granted if you are one of the three presenters.
- This years Think Tank Officers are:
- President: Hal Bewley
- VP: Aaron Itner
- Secretary: Tracy Nguyen
- Treasurer: Vacant
- The 2014-2015 PHABS Representatives are:
- Naomi Bolts
- Jennifer Mueller
- David Spittler
- Morgan Stimpson
- Micha Richie
2014-2015 Extracurricular Point total: Please select the link to see your total points for this year.