- Auraria Writers Week March 10-12: Monday March 10, 11:00-12:15 in the Tivoli Turnhalle On Writing with Jamaica Kincaid Award-winning writer and professor Jamaica Kincaid will read from her creative work, speak about the craft of writing, and answer questions. A book signing will follow the reading. Tuesday March 11, 11:00-12:30 in the Tivoli Turnhalle The Publishing Curve: Staying Ahead of it Before You're Thrown One The book business has changed dramatically over the last 5 years. Come get the best advice from the experts about publishing in today’s market! The forum will feature Caleb J. Seeling, Conundrum Press; Jeanne C. Stein, Author; Rebecca Taylor, Nelson Literary Agency; John Tinnel, University of Colorado Denver Professor; and Peter Wacks, Wordfire Press. Wednesday March 12, 11:00-12:45 in Tivoli 640 Denver Writers Spotligh Five local Denver creative authors will read from their recently published works of poetry and prose: David Boop, Theresa Crater, Andrew McFadyen-Ketchum, Kathryn Winograd, and Leslee Rene Wright. This exciting showcase of talented Denver creative writers is a must for those interested in the state of local creative writing. 2 extracurricular points will be granted for each event you attend when a reflection is submitted
- Western Generation Academy and the National Society of Collegiate Scholoars Presents: An information session on an Important volunteer opportunity. Western Generation Academy is a Denver Public school created in 2012 in direct response to the West Denver community's call for more rigorous, college-and-career-focused academic programs at the West High School campus. Tueday March 11 from 5:00-6:00 in th Tivoli Turnhalle, and Wednesday March 12 from 5:00-6:00 in Tivoli 440/540.
- Political Science Career Panel- Wednesday March 12 9:30-10:45 in Tivoli 444. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted
- Inside Scoop on Resume and Job Fair Preparation: Polish your resueme and prepare for the Job Fair! Thursday March 13 12:30-2:00 in SSB 324. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted
- Employer Visit Days: Drop by to speak with employers about their available job opportunities! March 18-20 from 10:00-2:00 in the Tivoli Tavern. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted.
- Finding a Job in STEM Careers: Hear a panel of experts talk about the job search in science, math and technology careers. Wednesday March 19 1:00-3:00 in SCI 1113. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted.
- Diversity Career Networking Event: Discover your hidden talents! Network with diverse business communities about the skills, values, and attitudes you need to succeed. FREE FOOD!! Tuesday April 1 3:00-5:30 in Tivoli 320 ABC. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted.
- Conversation with a Porofessor: Jennifer Provizer from Study abroad will host the conversation about Honors study abroad opportunities in Italy. Tuesday April 1 at 4:00 in the Honors House. 2 extracurricular points will be granted for attendance. Light snacks and drinks will be provided.
- Spring Job Fair: The spring job fair is for all MSU Denver majors who are seeking full-time, part time, summer jobs or internships. Bring a copy of your resume, and dress professionally to meet employers. Tuesday April 3, from 10:30-2:30 in the Tivoli Turnhalle. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted.
- RMHC Saturday April 5, the Rocky Mountain Honors Symposium will be hosted at DU. Interested participants will begin working on the symposium topic in January. The event goes from 9:00-3:00 at the DU campus. Participants will receive 6 extracurricualr points. Lunch will be provided
- Queer Symposium: The GLBT student services will be hosting the Queer Symposium on Thursday april 10 in the Tivoli. Room TBD. This is an all day event. Start time TBD.extracurricular points we be granted depending on time spent at symposium, after reflection is submitted.
- Employer Visit Days:Drop by to speak with employers about their available job opportunities! April 15-17 from 10:00-2:00 in the Tivoli Tavern. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted.
- WRHC: Friday April 11-Sunday April 13 MSU Denver will host the Wester Regional Honors Conference. "New West Old West". Students who present will receive 6 extracurricular points. Volunteers will be needed, please check your weekely e-mail updates for volunteer opportunities.
- 3rd Annual MSU Denver Undergraduate Research Conference: Friday April 25 from 8:00-5:30. SSB 2nd floor classrooms. 2 extracurricular points will be granted for attending (when reflection is submitted). If you present 6 extracurricuar points will be grated.
- Rockies Game: Come hang out with fellow Honors students at a free Rockies Game!! Tuesday April 22 at 6:40. Contact Jennifer Lutes if you are interested in attending. The Honors Program has 20 tickets that will be given away on a first come first serve basis.
- This years Think Tank Officers are:
- President: Sarah Johnson
- VP: Aaron Itner
- Secretary: Anah Miller
- Treasurer: Morgan Stimson
- Communications Officer: Vacant
- Community Outreach Officer: Vacant
- This Years PHABS Representatives are:
- Hal Bewley
- Naomi Bolts
- Aaron Motsenbocker
- Jennifer Mueller
- Jenn Raby