- Rocky Mountain Branch of the American Society for Microbiology: Saturday, October 25 at 9:00. The keynote presentation will be given by Dr. Phoebe Lostroh from the Department of Molecular Biology from Colorado College. The topic is "Motility and Natural transformation in a soil bacterium. This is an event that you MUST register for. Please visit the ASM website. This is considered a conference and 6 extracurricular points will be given for attendance.
- CELL: Crisis & Clarity: U.S, Middle East & Beyond Featureing Thomas L. Friedman: New York Times Collumnist & Pulitzer Prize winning author Moderated by Dan Senor, Chief Spokesman to the Coalition in Iraq & Pentagon Advisor to U.S. Central Command. To volunteer for this event, click HERE. 4 extracurricular points will be granted when a brief discription is submitted.
- NCHC: Wednesday, November 5-Sunday, November 9. The National Collegiate Honors Conference will be in Denver! If you are interested in being a volunteer at a table during NCHC, please contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers will be directing out of state conference attendies to restaurnats and advising them of activites or events in Denver. Extracurricular points will be determined on the amount of time you volunteer at the table.
- 1Book/1 Project/ 2 Transform: Wednesday November 12, from 11:00 am-2:00 pm. Carissa Phelps, author of "Runaway Girl" will be on campus for an author talk, and book signing. The event is be in the Tivoli Turnhall. 2 points will be granted for reading the book, 2 points for participating in the project, and 2 points for attending the author talk. Extracurricular points will be granted when a brief discription is submitted.
- Project Homeless Connect: Monday, November 17 from 11:00am- 3:00 pm at the Colorado Convention Center. Project Homeless Connect 14 is a one-day, one-stop shop event that connects homeless individuals and families to services. The clients will have access to more than 60 free services that span health care to haircuts. Through Project Homeless Connect, clients have the privilege to receive these services in one place during one day, as opposed to visiting multiple servies throughout the Denver metropolitan area. These are critical support services being offered by organizations that work closely with our homeless population every day. Project Homeless connect has provided assistance to over 15,000 individuals and families since 2005. for more information visit: msudenver.edu/volunteerday/ A 1.5 hours training is madatory to participate in this event. 4 extracurricular points will be granted for participation
- End of Year Celebration: Thursday November 19 from 5:30-7:30 in Tivoli 640 Zenith Room. We are having a end of semester dinner celebration! And we will be giving away $4,500 in book awards to the top GPA's.
- No Events currently listed for December
- This years Think Tank Officers are:
- President: Hal Bewley
- VP: Aaron Itner
- Secretary: Tracy Nguyen
- Treasurer: Vacant
- The 2014-2015 PHABS Representatives are:
- Tyler Anderson
- Naomi Bolts
- Jennifer Mueller
- David Spittler
- Morgan Stimpson
- Micha Richie