- Trick-or-Treat Street: Wednesday Oct, 30: See Announcements
- Convo with a Professor: "Studying Inmates and Inmate Violence" Thursday Oct, 31 at 9:00 AM Dr. Rebecca Trammell from CJC will host the conversation. 2 extracurricular points will be granted for attendance. Light snacks and drinks will be served
- Janell Lindsey study practice: Friday Nov 1 at 2:30 in the Honors House. At the beginning of the semester Dr. Moritz advertised for students to be apart of a study being conducted by Janell Lindsey for her PHD disertation. She will be doing of run through of her research. 2 extracurricular points will be granted for attendance. Light snacks and drinks will be served
- Convo with a Professor: "What is Beautiful" Tuesday Nov, 5 at 7:30 PM. John Futrell from Denver Housing Authority will be hosting the conversation. 2 extracurricular points will be granted for attendance. Light snacks and drinks will be served
- On the Job Hunt: in the Hidden Job Market: Thursday Nov, 7 in Tivoli 215. Did you know tat less than 10% of all jobs are found on job boards? Doesn't that make you wonder where the other 90% are? Come and learn where the hidden job markets are and how to make your job search effective and successful! Click the following link to register and save your place. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted. https://www.myinterfase.com/metrostatecollege/event_view.aspx?token=Ebfj8huVBiiq1d0zn0Ia%2fg%3d%3d
- Lunch with Lawmakers: Tuesday Nov, 12 in Tivoli 320's Join student activities for a 60 minute forum featuring a local lawmaker. Bring your tough questions and get real answers directly from the source. Lunch and beverages are provided. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted.
- Michelle Alexander: Wednesday Nov, 13 in Tivoli Turnhalle. Join student activities as they hear from author of the New Jim Crow, Michelle Alexander. The New Jim Crow is a stunning account of the rebirth of a castle-like system in the U.S. One that has resulted in millions of African Americans locked behind bars and then relegated to a permanent second-class status--denied the very right supposedly won in the Civil Rights Movement. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted.
- Convo with a Professor: "The Minority Language Speaker, Comparison and Contrast between the Basque language in Spain, France and Spanish speakers in the southwest." Thursday Nov, 14 at 12:00 PM in the Honors House. Dr. Ibon Izurita from the modern languages department will be hosting the conversation. 2 extracurricular points will be granted for attendance. Light drinks and snacks will be served.
- "You Can't take it With You": Thursday Nov 14-16, & 21-24 starts at 7:30, in MSU Denver Studio Theatre, King Center. A Comedic play in three acts by George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart. At first the Sycamores seem mad, but it is not long before you realize that if they are mad, then the rest of the world is madder. In contrast to these delightful people are the unhappy Kirbys. Tony , the attractive young son of the Kirbys, falls in love with Alice Sycamore and brings his parents to dine at the Sycamore house on the wrong evening. The shock sustained by Mr. and Mrs. Kirby, who are invite to eat cheap food, shows Alice that marriage with Tony is out of the question. The Sycamors find it hard to understand Alice's view. Tony knows the Sycamores live the right way with love and care for each other, while his own family is the one that's crazy. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted.
- 12 Years of Slave Movie Viewing: The PHABS board has organized a movie viewing event on Saturday Nov, 16 at time and Location TBD for the first 20 students who RSVP. The movie will being view is 12 Years of Slave. The plan is to grab coffee after the viewing to have a conversation about the film. Check your e-mail in mid-late October for a chance to claim your free ticket. 2 extracurricular points will be granted for attendance.
- Passport to Paris: Friday Nov, 22 at 10:00 AM. The Honors Program will purchase 20 tickets to Passport to Paris. Please visit the Denver Art Museum website at: http://www.denverartmuseum.org/exhibitions/passport-paris for more details. Tickets will given on a first come first serve basis in mid October. Check your e-mail in mid-late October for a chance to claim a free ticket. 2 extracurricular points will be granted for attendance.
- NanoWrimo: Professor Jennifer Goodland will be hosting NanoWrimo every Thursday in November from 5:00 PM-9:00 PM(ish) in the Honors House 1033 9th St Park. NanoWrimo is National Novel Writing Month. Each student will write a novel in 30 days. For more information please visit: http://nanowrimo.org/ All Honors students that participate will receive 2 extracurricular points for each week of participation.
- World AIDS Day: Monday Dec, 2 starts at 9:00 in Tivoli Multicultural Lounge. Join student activities as they raise awareness of HIV and AIDS, commemorate those who have passes, and celebrate victories in the fight against the disease. 2 extracurricular points will be granted when reflection is submitted.
- Trick-or-Treat Street: Wednesday Oct, 30 3:00 PM-6:00 PM. DPS children will be trick-or-treating on 9th St Park beginning at 3:00 PM. CCD is hosting a contest to see what house has the best theme/ most creative/funnest games. The Theme that your PHABS representatives choose is: "Haunted Orphanage" If you have any suggestions about decorations, please let a PHABS member or Jennifer know. If you would like to bring a bag of candy to pass out, 1 extracurricular point will be granted.
- Fall break: will be Monday Nov 25-Friday Nov 29. Campus will be open every day except Thursday, but no classes will be held
- Final Exam Week: Monday Dec 9-Saturday Dec 14
- Fall 2013 Commencement: Sunday Dec, 15 starting at 2:00 on the Auraria Campus
- Fall 2013 Grades Available Online: Friday Dec, 20
- This years Think Tank Officers are:
- President: Jenn Baby
- VP: Aaron Motsenbocker
- Secretary: Anah Miller
- Treasurer: Sarah Johnson
- Communications Officer: Bobbi Capps
- Community Outreach Officer: Naomi Bolts
- This Years PHABS Representatives are:
- Hal Bewley
- Naomi Bolts
- Aaron Motsenbocker
- Brogan Davey
- Jenn Raby