The short-term student loan program has been serving MSU Denver's diverse student population for years by offering interest free, short term (30 day) loans to qualified MSU Denver students. Short Term Loans serve as a crucial financial bridge to students awaiting their financial aid checks at the beginning of each semester. Access to Short Term Loan funds enables students to purchase textbooks and supplies needed to succeed in classes. The Short-Term Student Loan Program can also help students meet other unexpected financial expenses that may occur throughout the term.
• Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at MSU Denver for the corresponding semester.
• Must have previously completed at least 6 credit hours of coursework at MSU Denver.
• Must have a complete financial aid file with approved awards pending disbursement
-or- qualifying on/off campus employment to use as collateral.
•In order to use off-campus employment as a source of collateral, students must submit their two most recent paystubs with the Short Term Loan Application/Letter of Understanding, as well as meet all other eligibility criteria. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis pending employment verification.
• Cannot be on academic probation or financial aid suspension (below 67% cumulative completion rate and/or 2.0 cumulative GPA.) and must be in good financial standing with the institution.
• Can borrow up to $310.00 (minus a $10.00 processing fee) for each Short Term Loan.
All students must submit the Short Term Loan Application and the Letter of Understanding, along with any other documentation needed to show collateral (off-campus employment). Currently, these forms are only available in paper form. Use the links below to access them and please submit to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships in person or via fax.
For more information on the Short-Term Program, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page -or- visit us in the Student Success Building-- Area 6, Suite 130. Phone: 303.556.6384, Fax: 303.556.4927.