All current MSU Denver Students, Faculty, and Staff have an email account as soon as they are accepted into the University. The email accounts are hosted by Microsoft Office365 and the email address are usernames followed by @msudenver.edu (example: email@example.com).
Along with email, Microsoft Office 365 also provides tools that include:
- Email storage of 50 GB per account
- OneDrive online data storage of 1 TB per account
- Enhanced spam filtering and malware protection
- Access to email and storage from anywhere using your MSU Denver login
- Downloadable MS Office Suite
- Mobile Apps for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and OneNote
Student emails are deactivated and inaccessible one year after their last semester being enrolled in a course. Faculty and Staff accounts are disabled immediately following their separation from the University.
How to Access Your Email Account
Email can be setup via their mobile devices, tablets, or mail clients on a desktop or laptop computer
NOTE: If you are on campus and are trying to access your email, you will need to be connected on your mobile data plan or to the secure MetroState Wi-Fi, as access will be denied if you are connected to the unsecure Auraria Campus wireless network.
Please click on the following selection that applies to you in order to expand the instructions on connecting to your email.
Server Type: Exchange
Server Name: outlook.office365.com
Follow these steps to access your email account:
1. Go to the Student Hub.
2. Click the 'Email' link.
3. The MSU Denver single sign-on page will display.
4. Enter your NetID and password and click the 'LOGIN' button.
5. Beneath 'Collaborate with Office Online', click the square that says 'Outlook'.
6. The email system will load as above. If you are prompted, select a language and time zone.
7. You are now in the email system.
Please be sure in install Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 7 Service Pack 2:
- Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Select Mail (32-Bit) on the Control Panel window.
- The Mail Setup - Outlook window will appear; select Email Accounts.
- Under the Account Settings window, select New under the Email tab.
*If you are on the MSU Denver network via wired Ethernet or VPN, the account will automatically configure when you select Next. Otherwise, continue with the steps that follow.
- Enter your account information. Select Next. (It make take several minutes to pull your account settings. If you are asked to allow a website to configure your account, allow it. Once the server settings have been configured, select Finish.
- If you are asked for an account prompt, enter your full MSU Denver email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your WINAD password. Be sure to check the Remember my credentials box.
- In Microsoft Outlook, click on the Tools menu at the top of the screen. From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- In the lower left corner of the Accounts dialog box, click on the + button and select Exchange Account.
- Enter your full MSU Denver email address, and your full email address again, in the User name field (example: email@example.com) and password. Click Add Account.
- When asked to allow the server to configure account settings, select Always use my response for this server, and Allow.
- Open System Preferences by going to the Apple menu and choosing System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences menu, click on the Internet Options icon.
- If you already have a personal mail account set up, click on the + button in the bottom left hand corner; otherwise, select Exchange.
- Enter your full name, your full MSU Denver email address, (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. Click on the Continue button.
- Your account will generate automatically. Select Continue.
- Select the apps you wish to use with your MSU Denver account. Select Done.
The screenshots and steps provided in this tutorial may not be exactly the same as your phone's depending on the model and version of Android you are running.
|Enter your phone settings and go to "Accounts"|
|Select "Corporate" or "Exchange" account|
Enter in your full MSU Denver email address
Enter in your account information. The server
|Your phone may prompt you to provide additional
control to the Mail App. Read over the requested
permissions carefully and accept
|It will ask you for more information on how you
wish to handle this account. All of this is optional
depending on how you want to set it up
Your account is now set up and you should receive emails in your account within the next 15 minutes. If you are not getting some of your older email, you may wish to set the “Sync Emails from:” time to farther back, located in account settings under the account.
The screenshots and steps provided in this tutorial may not be exactly the same as your phones depending on the model and operating system version of your device.
|Select the "Settings" icon|
|Select the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" icon|
|Select “Add Account”|
Enter in your full MSU Denver email address
|Make sure the email has your full msudenver
email, the server is set to “outlook.office365.com”
without quotes and change the username to be
your full MSU Denver email address as well
|Select the options you wish to Sync, and click "Save"|
|Your account should be listed in your accounts now,
and you can access your mail through the mail app
Your account is now set up and you should receive emails in your account within the next 15 minutes.
To free up space in your primary email Inbox and help you access your email faster, any messages that you received or sent over two years ago will automatically be moved to your personal email Archive mailbox. You are also encouraged to manually move messages to your Archive mailbox, if you want to keep them but don’t need to access them very often.
You may access the Archive mailbox through the Outlook Web App using the following process:
- Open a supported web browser and go to email.msudenver.edu.
- Log in with your MSU Denver email address and password.
- Click the Outlook icon to open the Outlook Web App.
- Click the More link located under the Folders heading (on the left side of the Outlook window).
- Click the link labeled In-Place Archive - [your name] to open the Archived mailbox.
- You should see the same folder structure that you have set up in your primary (non-archived) mailbox.
If you have additional questions, concerns, or need immediate assistance - Please contact the MSU Denver Help Desk.
Revised: February 2015