You must regularly monitor ConnectU account for messages and information regarding preparation for the graduation process and the Commencement Ceremony. You will be sent reminder e-mails messages throughout the semester with information on cap and gown rental, graduation honors, graduation announcements, class rings, reporting time at the Auraria Athletic Fields, maps, etc.
The Office of the Registrar's Graduation Services (located on the 1st Floor- SSB #160) approves adjustments to students’ CAPP report, determines graduation eligibility, performs final degree checks, and distributes diplomas. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for any of these services.
Commencement Ceremony Photos
Metropolitan State University of Denver is pleased to have Lifetouch Special Events provide for its commencement photography services. Lifetouch will take photographs of each graduate and then send proofs to order images. There is no obligation on the part of the graduates. All images can be found at events.lifetouch.com. For help in placing your order, you may email us at email@example.com. You may also call 765-216-3601 or 800-505-9496, Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm EST.
Access the MSU Denver Graduation Checklist (PDF 371 KB)
Application for Graduation
The deadline to submit the Summer 2014 application is 5 p.m., Friday, June 6, 2014.
In order to determine eligibility to graduate, all Seniors must fill out a Graduation Application. The Graduation Application deadline for Spring 2014 has passed (Friday, February 7, 2014).
If you miss the deadline, you will need to apply for a subsequent semester. There are no exceptions for late graduation applications. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this deadline, please contact Graduation Services in the Office of the Registrar at 303-556-3985.
For more information regarding the application and degree requirements, visit Graduation Evaluation.
Caps and Gowns
Custom-designed by Herff-Jones, the MSU Denver gowns feature the University’s insignia and school colors. The gowns are blue with red trim, and the official University seal is embroidered on the lapel. All graduating seniors must wear these at the commencement ceremony. For more infomation, you may visit their website at herffjones.com. You may also contact Herff Jones by calling 1-800-837-4235 or 970-663-2668.
Cap and Gown Pre-order
The deadline for reserving your cap and gown online has passed (March 21.) Additional cap and gowns have been ordered and will be available for you to pick up at the Grad Finalé. If you did not pre-order, please remember to bring cash to rent your cap and gown and buy other additional items.
Cap and gown prices:
Undergraduate - $36.00
Master graduate - $64.00
Red/Blue souvenir tassel - $8.75
*Part of your rental includes your school's designated tassel
There will also be honor cords and extra degree tassels available during Grad Finalé. Please remember to bring cash to buy those specific items. We will send email reminders to the graduation candidates – so be sure to check your email regularly!
There are two assembly areas for the Spring 2014 ceremony. The students from the School of Business will assemble in the Tivoli Turnhalle. The students from the School of Letters, Arts and Sciences and the School of Professional Studies will assemble in the P.E. Event Center. Make sure to check in to recieve your name card and line up within your department.
Map and Assembly Area Diagram
Assembly Area Diagram (PDF 217 KB)
Additional Commencement Notes
- If you are a candidate for graduation and have a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who have family members with disabilities (wheelchair, walker, hearing or visual impairment) that are going to attend the Commencement Ceremony will need to reserve tickets for the ADA seating area through our registration system. To reserve these tickets please visit our ADA section. ADA seating tickets must be picked up either during Grad Finale or in the Student Success Building (Suite 430) the week of May 12-15 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- There is no rehearsal for the Commencement Ceremony.
- No tickets are required for guests attending the ceremony. No seating is reserved for groups.
- Candidates' coats may be hung in the Graduate Assembly Area; however, this should not be considered a secured area.
- Family and guests should be in their seats by 8:45 a.m.
- The tassel on the cap is to be worn on the RIGHT side until you are instructed at the end of the ceremony to switch your tassel.
- Actual diplomas will not be available at the commencement ceremony. Candidates will be notified by mail at the end of June regarding the dates diplomas may be picked up or mailed.
- Official transcripts with fall degrees posted will be available late January. You must request official degree transcripts. One will not automatically be sent to you. Please be informed that neither a transcript nor the diploma will be released until the student has cleared all debts to the University, and, if you have a Perkins Loan, you will need to complete the necessary Perkins Loan interview.
- You are eligible to register for classes for one year following your graduation. Check ConnectU for this and other information.