College Opportunity Fund (COF) Information
The College Opportunity Fund is the process by which Colorado provides state financial support to eligible students for higher education. It was created by an Act of the Colorado State Legislature and signed into law by Governor Owens in May 2004.
If you authorize use of the stipend for any given term, the college will receive the funding, and you will see it appear as a credit on your tuition bill.
You must apply and authorize for COF, or you will pay more of your tuition bill.
- You only have to apply once and authorize every term. You will receive the stipend every term that you take eligible undergraduate courses, and have not met your 145 credit hour life time limit.
- There are no income qualifications for undergraduate students attending a public institution.
- You must be eligible for in-state tuition and attending one of the participating state schools as an undergraduate student.
- You can apply for your stipend online.
- You can authorize your COF through your ConnectU account.
Apply for your stipend at https://cof.college-assist.org/ or call 800-777-2757 (from local 720 prefix, call 720-264-8550)
If you have questions, please contact:
- Phone: 800-777-2757 (from local 720 prefix, call 720-264-8550)
- Fax: 303-296-1637