Campus Climate Survey
2013 Employee Campus Climate Survey
We’re going for great!
The results of the 2010 Chronicle of Higher Education annual Great Colleges to Work For survey ranked MSU Denver as a good place to work—but that’s not good enough.
We took the results and made many significant decisions and changes, among them:
- Used the information as a foundation in the development of our strategic plan.
- Required all supervisors to complete cultural competence and supervisory training.
- Hired a University ombuds officer.
- Used the results in discussions on faculty and staff raises, including alternate compensation for classified staff.
- Created “Coffee with the President” to give faculty and staff the opportunity to speak directly with President Stephen Jordan.
- Launched the electronic circulation of daily news clips involving MSU Denver and higher education to the MSU Denver community.
The results were even used by the Board of Trustees in their evaluation of the president.
In other words, MSU Denver heard what you thought and took action. It’s important that faculty and staff take the time to complete this year’s campus climate survey, because now we’re going for great!