Faculty Accompanying Students to Professional Conferences & Events Program (FAS Program)
Applications for Academic Year 2017 - 2018 may be submitted starting August 1, 2017.
To support faculty members accompanying students to a professional conference or other professional event (e.g. competition, research site to collect data), the Provost’s Office has allocated $40,000 for a new program. These funds may be used by full-time faculty to cover their transportation, registration, and lodging expenses, when accompanying students to a qualifying conference or event. Preference will be given to faculty who are accompanying students that have an active role (e.g. a student giving a conference presentation). For full details on the program, please review the criteria below. The maximum award is $1,200 per faculty member per academic year. Funds will be awarded until they are exhausted. To apply for conferences/events through June 30, 2017, please submit your application online using the link below. Applications will be reviewed by committee including membership from faculty, staff, department chairs, and administration on an ongoing basis, with responses to applicants monthly from the Provost’s Office.
Maximum Award - $1,200 Annually
1. Faculty members must be accompanying student(s) to a professional conference or other professional event (e.g. competition, site to collect data)
2. Faculty must describe the role student(s) will play at the conference/event, providing details of their participation.
3. Preference will be given to faculty accompanying students who have an active role (e.g. student presentation made at the conference, student competing in a competition).
4.Faculty members must be full-time and comply with the Student Travel Advisor’s Roles and Responsibilities: https://orgsync.com/34367/forms/68250
5. Faculty member must share outcomes and/or “lessons learned” from experience with departmental or other faculty groups.
6. Students must have secured their funding or be in-process at the time of the faculty member’s application.
7. If research is being presented, the faculty member must show evidence of IRB approval with their application.
FAS Program Application Link - Click to apply today!
Please note, these funds are for faculty members. For student travel funding opportunities, please visit the MSU Denver Student Travel Program.
Name: Dr. Michael Kolb