Job Search Video: Tailor your Resume and Cover Letter
Finding a job is harder than it used to be.
No longer do we just peruse the classified ads. Instead, there are multiple approaches to learning about job opportunities. We suggest that you incorporate multiple strategies to find the jobs that most appeal to you.
When developing a job search strategy, consider including: job fairs, industry open houses & informational sessions, internet job boards, company websites, networking, professional associations and organizations, staffing agencies and search firms, cold calls and social media.
MSU Denver Career Services provides students and alumni with an online system called JobLink. (Alumni login) Browse hundreds of opportunities from reputable employers. Apply filters and create custom job agents so you’ll be notified each time a new job that meets your needs is posted. You can also post your resume, research employers, find events to connect with recruiters and apply for on-campus interviews.
List of Resources:
- MSU Denver Student Login JobLink
- LinkedIn for Job Search Page
- Job Search Meet-ups - Wednesday mornings thru 6/29/16 9:30am in Tivoli 215 - register on JobLink
- Candid Careers - videos about occupations, job search and employers
- Hiring Now - find out about employer visits and career programs at the Office of Career Services
- List of Professional Organizations in your field
- Additional Job Boards
- Meet with a Career Counselor and develop a Job Search Strategy. Call 303-556-3664 for an appointment.
Other Important Info & Quick Tips
- Resume Quick Tips
- Online Job Hunt Quick Tips
- Preparing For a Job Fair Quick Tips
- Researching Employers
- Quick Tips: LinkedIn
- Quick Tips: Networking
- Salary Information
Looking for a job on campus?
Check out Finding On Campus Jobs and read about the 3 easy steps to getting a conveniently located job on the Auraria campus.