Are you exploring majors or careers? Looking for work or applying to graduate school?
Career counseling appointments are available to discuss your career hopes and goals. In addition to course-specific information from academic advisors, Career counselors are trained in counseling, in order to help you discover your career path and help you take steps toward your goals.
Career counselors can help you make decisions about your education and career, work with you to create your resume and cover letter, talk about the challenges you face in getting into your chosen profession, assist with graduate school applications and help you to find career resources.
LIST OF SERVICES
- Individual career counseling appointments
- Short, 15-minute walk-in sessions (for a quick review of resumes, cover letters and job search documents and for quick job search questions)
- Educational workshops to help you explore careers or execute a successful job search
- Small group workshops to interpret results from career assessments
- Career research resources
Make an appointment: Call us at 303-556-3664 or come by Tivoli 215 to make an appointment.
There are lots of ways to gather information about occupations. We recommend the following sites as starting points to help you gather information so you can make informed decisions about your career path.
- O*Net : A Department Of Labor occupational research site that allows you to search for occupations, learn about educational requirements, and even transition from military to civilian careers.
- Career OneStop: Another user-friendly resource from the Department of Labor that gives information on career exploration, salaries and benefits, educational requirements, and more.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: A searchable guide from the Department of Labor gives information about what people do in jobs, work conditions, employment outlook, salaries, and required education
- Wet Feet: "Personalized insider answers that help you get your dream job"
- Sloan Career Cornerstone: a resource website for information on careers in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computing, and medical fields
- Degree Story: DegreeStory.com is a place where students can discover what a degree or a career path is really like from a growing library of stories from real professionals in every stage of their careers.
For more information visit the MSU Denver Career library in Tivoli 215
Contact Career Services, at 303-556-3664, to set up an appointment.
Walk-ins are cancelled for May 25-27, 2015.
|Monday:||4pm - 5pm|
|Tuesday:||3pm - 4pm|
|Wednesday:||2pm - 3pm|
|Thursday:||11am - 12pm|
|Friday:||9am - 10am|
*Walk-in appointments may be cancelled at times due to staff unavailability.
We recommend that you call the office for schedule changes.
MSU Denver Office of Career Services No-Show Policy
Because of the busy nature of our office, students must call us 24 hours in advance to cancel appointments so that we may offer that time to another student. Failure to show up for an appointment without 24 hours’ notice will result in limited access to our office services. To cancel an appointment, or if you have questions, we can be reached at 303-556-3664.