March Madness Rec Center Closures & Schedule (PDF 40 KB)
Spring Break Fitness Center Hours:
March 22nd & 23rd Closed
March 24th-28th 11:00AM - 6:00PM
March 29th & 30th Closed
Spring Break Pool Hours
March 24th-28th 11AM-1PM
Healthy Pursuits Schedule (PDF 1,017 KB)
Outdoor Adventure Schedule (PDF 255 KB)
Group Fitness at Campus Recreation
The Group Fitness program at Campus Recreation at Auraria provides many different and exciting ways to exercise in a group format. There is no registration necessary; just drop in and workout. Consult the schedule for a complete listing of class offerings as well as course descriptions.
For information regarding employment opportunities as a group fitness instructor or to apply for entrance in the group fitness mentoring program, please contact the main office at 303-556-3210.
Group Fitness classes are available to students at no additional charge - they are already paid for by your student fees.
Faculty, staff and alumni may participate with purchase of membership.
What to Bring:
No registration or sign up necessary
Wear comfortable workout clothing
You MUST wear appropriate footwear for land classes such as tennis shoes or sneakers
Water bottle recommended
Please sign in upon arrival or before you leave
This low-impact, music-driven, varied-intensity workout achieves great cardio benefits and calorie burning. Our cycles are fully adjustable making this appropriate for all levels from a new rider to a seasoned cyclist. Bikes compatible with athletic shoes and SPD cleats. Bring water and a towel.
Strength and Cardio
Ripped in 30!
Join an intense, full-body workout that takes 30 minutes! Using a variety of equipment you’ll target every muscle group at a maximum level.
A bootcamp style class that is designed to challenge strength and endurance. You will burn calories and enjoy a great workout. Bring water and a towel!
This cardio-based class focuses on muscular endurance and strength. You will strengthen and tone your trouble spots from head to toe.
Abs & Back
A highly efficient, all-body workout using a variety of equipment that alternates core and upper/lower body exercise to improve muscular strength and endurance, balance, stability and flexibility.
A vigorous deep water workout that combines strength, endurance and stability without any stress on the joints. Swimming skills are necessary and hair usually stay dry.
Zumba is a combination of international dance rhythms combined with dance and fitness exercises meant to engage and captivate for life! Every class feels like a party.
Health Benefits Of Group Exercise
Exercise is a great way to feel better, have fun, and offers many health benefits. With group workouts you feel less pressure and have the chance to meet new people on campus!
The health benefits consistent exercise can offer are:
- Helps decrease health conditions and reduces your chance for disease
- Improves mood
- Boosts energy
- Promotes better sleep
- Helps control cholesterol
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of heart disease, heart attack, and stroke
- Increased flexibility
- Decreases the chance for osteoporosis
- Relieves stress and anxiety
10 healthy choices to live a better life:
- Get 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity, or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity per week
- Strength train at least 2 days per week
- Get 8 hours of sleep per night
- Try breathing deeply to reduce stress
- Make healthy food choices and eat a well balanced diet
- Ride your bike or walk to school
- Prepare meals ahead of time so eating healthy is convenient
- Take group classes to stay motivated
- Take time to be healthy
- Find a good balance between work and play
- Drink 8-8oz glasses of water per day
- Nutritional guidelines - http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
- Physical guidelines - http://www.acsm.org/
- Health and fitness articles, 10 stress relievers - http://www.mayoclinic.org/