Financial Aid Issues for 030 Classes
As of July 1, 2012, financial aid will no longer cover any 030 level course. This would affect you if you are registered or have placed into a 030 level course in Math, Reading, and/or English.
If corrective action on your part is not taken, you will have to pay up to $615 out of pocket for a 3 credit 030 level class. If you hope to avoid this out of pocket fee, we suggest the following:
- Get tutoring
- Retest on the Accuplacer
- Place at 060 Level or above in English and Reading or at the 070 Level or above in MAT (Summer 2013)
- For Fall 2013, because addotopmal changes in the community college system, the course numbers will change, and you will need to place in MAT 050 or higher
Free Tutoring is offered by The Student Academic Success Tutoring Program in SSB 230
- Accuplacer Math Tutoring: Monday – Friday – 8am – 5pm
- Accuplacer Reading and English Monday – Thursday from 10am – 3pm
- Tutoring can be reached at (303) 556-4048
CCD Accuplacer Prep Lab & Workshops are offered for a small fee
- See CCD Accuplacer Placement website for additional information
Retest on the Accuplacer and place into a higher level class. 050/060 level classes and above are still eligible for financial aid. Call the Assessment and Testing Center, (303) 556-3677, to set up an appointment. They are located in Tivoli 347.
If you retake the Accuplacer placement exam and test into a higher level course, you will want to drop the 030 course and add the new course. Instructions for doing that in MetroConnect are below, but if you need additional support, you can get that in our registration lab or by making an appointment with an advisor (especially if you have additional questions).
- Login to your MetroConnect account at http://metroconnect.mscd.edu
- Click My Services/Registration tab near the top of the page.
- Click My Services/Registration under banner links
- Click Registration, Student Records & Financial Aid... menu
- Click Registration
- Click Add/Drop/Waitlist Classes (before your reg. time or if you have holds, choose “Class Search”)
- Select the semester you want to register for and click Submit
- To drop 030:
- Next to the CRN of the 030 class you are registered for, in the Action dropdown menu, select DROP/Web
- Click Submit Changes to complete the drop
- To add another remedial course:
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click Class Search then choose “Advanced Search”
- In the subject box you need to select the appropriate CCD subject, such as CCD English, CCD Reading, or CCD Mathematics.
- In the Course Number box type the appropriate course number: 060, 090 or 099, based on what you placed into.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click Class Search
- Review the list. Choose an open section with days & time that work in your schedule, and then click the CRN to see if any special notes apply to the section you want. Click “Return to Previous” to get back to list of course offerings.
- When you’ve selected an open section, click the box, scroll to the bottom and click Register.
- Print your “Student Detail Schedule” - If room numbers aren’t showing for your CCD EGL, MAT or REA classes, take your Metro State printed “Student Detail Schedule” to CCD’s Admissions, Registration & Records in South Classroom 133, 303-556-2420, to get the locations for CCD classes.