Based on a recent report from CCHE, MSU Denver is the #1 school in the state for transfer students. In fact, transfer students represent over 50% of all new students to the College. We know that transfer students have unique questions and needs regarding transferring to a new college, so we have listed some resources below to assist you.
Check out our transfer student admission requirements here
Find out how the courses you've taken at Colorado institutions transfer to MSU Denver by accessing our Transfer Course Equivalency System
Guidance on courses to take at a Colorado Community College that will transfer to MSU Denver, check out our 2012-2013 Colorado Community College Transfer Booklet ( 484 KB) (last updated 1/29/13)
Check out the Colorado Commission on Higher Education (CCHE) website for information on:
Click here for information regarding MSU Denver's RN to BSN Completion Program at Front Range Community College
Additional resources and links:
The Reisher Scholarship Program assists promising Colorado college students, who do not have sufficient financial resources, with funding that enables them to graduate in a timely manner with minimal or no loan debt. The Reisher Scholarship is a prestigious award designed to cover the full cost of attendance for qualified recipients who are highly motivated, goal-oriented, responsible, and are likely to make a contribution to society as evidenced by community service, leadership activities, work experience, and/or life experiences. Founded and funded by Roger and Margaret Reisher, stockholders of FirstBank, the Reisher Scholarship Program reflects the Reisher Family’s strong belief that education improves lives.
The Reisher Scholarship is designed for full-time students with financial need who have successfully completed 1 year of college at MSU Denver or who transfer to MSU Denver after successfully completing 1½-2 years at a community college. The award for continuing sophomores is up to $11,000/yr for three years. The award for community college junior transfers is up to $11,000/year for two years.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE JUNIOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
Application Deadline: April 1, 2013
- Be a transfer student from a community college admitted for spring 2013, summer 2013, or fall 2013
- Have 54-75 earned credits (total accepted transfer credits + MSU Denver credits) at the end of spring 2013
- Plan to enroll full-time in all future fall and spring semesters with an expected graduation date of 2 years from fall 2013 (spring 2015)
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be a Colorado resident
- Show financial need by completing the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov with MSU Denver’s school code: 001360
- Complete the MSU Denver Online 2013-2014 Scholarship Application and the Reisher Supplemental Application
- Plan to work an average of 10+ hours per week during the 2013-2014 academic year (this requirement may be waived if you are caring for a dependent child or family member)